Complaint Review: Filter Queen

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: gundalf — West Virginia United States of America
Filter Queen
118 Denny Rd, Valencia, pa 16059 Valencia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Filter Queen Mike, Horrible Service, Hustle, scam, bait and switch ripoff Valencia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: 118 Denny Rd Valencia, PA 16059 (724) 898-9980

3 to 4 weeks ago our 20 month old Filter Queen developed a problem with the power head.  I phoned the 800-883-3235
service number and spoke to Rachel, who advised me that I could send it in at my expense and due to the current load at the service department, it would likely take a few weeks. She said that the other option was to have a service person from Morgantown make a home visit, that would cost me $79.95, but I could spend the $79.95 on merchandise like filters
or accessories, which meant that I would get something for my service payment for a warrantied visit.  I agreed to this, even though I thought it was a bit steep to repair a defective part.   The service call was scheduled for 2/13/13 and delayed by the serviceman until 2/15/13

When Rick Sipe (serviceman)  showed up, he didn't go right to the problem, but instead tore the machine apart and went to the silencing filter (an insignificant piece of filter material) and told me that it was dirty and needed replaced. Thinking that a good price would have been $2.00 but expecting an inflated price of maybe $5.00, I said replace it.
Instead of unplugging the wire and removing it, which would have allowed me to wash it and replace it every year, he proceeded to cut it in half, making it useless. Then he unplugged the wire and installed the new one.

When he finally got around to looking for the problem, he found a defective power wand, which he didn't have in his possession, so we must wait for this to be shipped. The real problem occurred when he billed us for the visit.  He said that "they told me last night that I should charge $79.95 for the visit plus $47.25 and tax for the silencing filter". This is not what your representative, Rachael told me.  He called his boss, when I threatened to make a call to Rachel to confirm. I
spoke to his boss, Mike the office manager, who said, that that was how it was. When I asked to speak to Rachel, he said that she was out today and when I tried to reason with him he got belligerent. I explained that If he refused to be reasonable I would take other steps, like this letter and personally posting a complaint on a few of the internet sites that I am a part of. He asked if I planned to Bash him and I replied that after 20 years in the court system I would do what I needed to
expose this scam...   Can you folks help reason with this man...   Thanks for your consideration...   Tom

That was the letter that I emailed and called to the phone of another Mike in the Ohio "Corp." office, on Friday and have not heard back yet.  The warranty on Filter Queens is at best, a farce!   It took us 3 weeks to get it fixed under warranty and cost us $150.03...   I feel that it was all about how much profit he could make from a "Free Service" call...   He attempted to
sell us some new attachments which would have put us near $500.00, he didn't have the part, a common part, he charged over $50. for a cheap piece of filter material, that I bought yesterday on Amazon for $6.50 delivered...   Watch out for this when they make the annual free service that they offer...
I called the "Mike" from Pa. back and asked when Rachel would be back in the office, so that I could speak to her.
He asked me what I wanted. I told him I wanted $80. worth of merchandise and $50. credited to my card...   He refused and then offered  to send me a pack of filters. After more argument I settled for two packs of filters, to be shipped with the defective nozzle wand replacement...   I'm not happy to learn that a great old name like Eureka Filter Queen has such sleazy policys and people representing them...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Filter-Queen/Valencia-Pennsylvania-16059/Filter-Queen-Mike-Horrible-Service-Hustle-scam-bait-and-switch-ripoff-Valencia-Penn-1016969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Filter Queen

118 Denny Rd Valencia, PA 16059 (724) 898-9980

AUTHOR: Profile Reader - ()

Received a phone call from Filter Queen warranty department (physical address and phone in title above) claiming to offer a "free cleaning" by a technician for my Filter Queen vacuum cleaner that was passed down to me by my mother. Don't fall for this back door tactic, it's rubbish. There's nothing free about this technician visit. If I had to guess I would say the person who visited is more a salesman rather than a technician.

Most likely what happened is that owner of this dilapitated, run down facility by the name of John Glomb, the fat, obnoxious, little Italian beaver looking dude probably sold these people on the idea that if Filter Queen customers bought in the past, they will buy again. What this fat, d***less, talking out his asshole John Glomb doesn't realize is that it's the new century. His best years are behind him and instead of causing hard working people grief by trying to sell a pile of s***, he should do the world a favor and bite a bullet.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC