Complaint Review: FilterQueen

• Reported By: Bloodaxe — Wisconsin United States of America
FilterQueen
Appleton, Wisconsin United States of America

FilterQueen Survey, Marketing, Scam, Phone, Free Gift Appleton, Wisconsin

Received a phone call a week or two prior from a young man asking me to participate in a survey about air pollution in the local area.  Survey person said that I would be entered as a participant to receive a free gift.  End of first call. Today, received a call saying that I had won one of four gift options, a cooking bowl set, a digital camera, an indoor/outdoor weather station and a fourth that I've forgotten.

Upon questioning the young lady, she stated that I was under no obligation to pay for the gift or shipping.  She said that they would like to send a person over to deliver the gift and thank me for my participation in the survey.  I asked for the web site for the organization -- didn't exist.  She immediately gave me the web site for www.filterqueen.com and the site didn't even load properly.

I told her that we were on a NO CALL list for marketing and for her to try to sell me a product under the guise of an air quality survey sounded a lot like bait and switch.  Like KIRBY, they want to get a sales person in your home to hard sell you their product.  I told them I didn't want any free gift and I didn't want any more calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FilterQueen/Appleton-Wisconsin-/FilterQueen-Survey-Marketing-Scam-Phone-Free-Gift-Appleton-Wisconsin-978554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FilterQueen