Complaint Review: Filtropur

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Andy — Pleasant Grove Utah United States of America
Pleasant Grove, Utah United States of America

Filtropur Unprofessional and very poor customer service Pleasant Grove, Utah

My experience started out with a phone survey on air quality.  Next thing I know I'm getting a phone call to set up an appointment for "opinions" only.  The young man shows up and cuts right to the chase.  He's selling a purification and cleaning system.  I said "that's not what I was told on the phone" and his reply was "would you have let me come if you knew..".  That's not exactly honest advertising.

The young man was nice enough and I was suckered into a system.  After some thought, I called the number listed on his business card to have more questions answered.  I got to speak with the owner and by the end of that conversation, he had offered me a screamin' deal.  Since I am a sucker, I accpeted.  The owner said he was really trying to improve the customer service for his company and I bought it hook, line and sinker.

Once you buy the system, you have a certain number of days to return the equipment.  After some conversation with a few people I decided to return the equipment.  Again I called the owner to arrange this and the customer service basically disappeared.  He actually became belligerent and verbally abusive.  He also tried to make me feel guilty beacuse their sales people get discouraged easily.  Maybe they shouldn't be sales people then.?. When I pointed that out to him, it got even worse.

When all was said and done I was the one bending over backwards to accomodate them. I delivered my equipment to them in a town 30 minutes away, lost my old vacuum - they take it when they leave a system, and heard from the manger of the hotel where my salesman was staying that they were trying to sell Kirby vacuums to the patrons and were banned from the hotel.

The equipment could very well be incredible, but this franchise owner has a lot to learn about professionalism and great customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Filtropur/Pleasant-Grove-Utah-84062/Filtropur-Unprofessional-and-very-poor-customer-service-Pleasant-Grove-Utah-998388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Filtropur