Complaint Review: Final Destination Van Lines

• Submitted: Thu, August 19, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 19, 2010

• Reported By: Guven — Dallas Texas United States of America
Final Destination Van Lines

Final Destination Van Lines TOTAL RIP OFF! THEIR QUOTE DOESN'T REFLECT THE ACTUAL PRICE, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!! Internet

I was moving from Dallas, TX to Jupiter, FL so I went online and asked some companies for quotes. Final Destination Van Lines gave me a quote around 900 dollars. I had one dining table, one dresser, two mattresses, 20 boxes and few more items. Nothing major, there was even no sofa. Anyway I thought the quote was reasonable so I hired this company. But my nightmare started on the pickup date. Although I bubble wrapped my mirror, TV and glass items, they didnt accept them. They told me those items needs to be crated, which would charge 115 dollars for each. I only gave the glass items I really wanted; I had to throw away my dresser mirror. For 115 dollars the only thing they did was to wrap and tape them with cardboard boxes. That was ridiculous. After they moved everything to the truck, they went to a weighing station and weighed the truck. Of course it was heavier than they estimated. Their price is based on weight so they came up with even higher price for our stuff. I am still skeptical about their weighing system. I am not sure if my few items would really weigh 2400 lbs. Anyway, I was alone my husband was overseas so I didnt have any choice I paid the 60% of whatever price they asked. But the last and worst was on the delivery date; they arrived with a huge 18 wheeler and claimed that it wouldnt fit to our street. Actually, my husband was there and he believes the driver didnt even try hard enough. They told us that they need to transfer the items to a smaller truck to be able to deliver and we need to pay 350 dollars extra. We were really angry. The initial quote 900 dollars was a real joke actually. The real price came up to 1750 dollars with bonus hassle and headaches they gave us.

I believe any good reviews you see in this website are probably by their own costumer service. There is no way a customer can be happy with this companys service and honesty. Beware and stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2010 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Final-Destination-Van-Lines/internet/Final-Destination-Van-Lines-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-THEIR-QUOTE-DOESNT-REFLECT-THE-ACTUAL-PRICE-633154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Final Destination Van Lines