Complaint Review: Financial Benefits - World Of Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2004

• Reported By:Pomona California
Financial Benefits - World Of Benefits
100A Walnut D15 #743 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Financial Benefits World Of Benefits ripoff deceitful corrupt phony bogus sham Champlain New York *UPDATE .. Financial Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com

badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how Financial Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

I was swindled out of $299 of my hard-earned money right before the 2003 Holiday Season while the owner(s) of Financial Benefits laughed all the way to the bank.

I am an honest man who works at least 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week just to make ends meet; so, of course I was encouraged and thrilled to be contacted by a "terrific" company that informed me of my Pre-approval of a $5,000 credit limit. I was finally going to have a chance to build my credit! OR SO I THOUGHT...

I mailed a check for the $299 Processing Fee to the address given to me by the telemarketer and waited...and waited...and waited...and waited. A couple of weeks later I came to find out that the check had already cleared. So I waited some more.

Finally, 3 MONTHS LATER I received a package filled with useless pamphlets, unwanted coupons, and more paper filler. NO CREDIT CARD. I called customer service right away (this must've been a mistake) to be told that I would be receiving a credit card in 3-5 business days.

Two weeks later I called customer service again to ask for a refund of my money. I was told that it was non-refundable and was immediately put on hold. I've foolishly called at least 10 more times to just be given the run-around and put on hold consistently until I was dropped from the call. I kept asking for the manager, Jessica Daniels, but to no avail.

I am frustrated, angry, and embarassed that I was conned. I want retribution. I hope that what I've gone through won't happen to other hard-working citizens. DO NOT TRUST FINANCIAL BENEFITS!

Andrew
Pomona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2004 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Benefits-World-Of-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Financial-Benefits-World-Of-Benefits-ripoff-deceitful-corrupt-phony-bogus-sham-Champlain-N-81836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Benefits - World Of Benefits