Complaint Review: Financial Claims Services

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:Chilton Wisconsin
Financial Claims Services
3840 South 103rd East Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Financial Claims Services Object: 3rd Grand Prize Winner Notification Tulsa Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Also a Victim of this Financial Services of Tulsa OK ---> IT'S NOTHING BUT A SCAM

I received an "official" letter in the mail, including a check for $3,088.75 indicating that I was the 3rd Grand Prize Winner in the Readers Digest Sweepstakes.

Upon calling the number on the letter, low and behold I was able to speak with Samantha Fisher! She was noted to be the Executive Director of the "Financial Claims Services Firm". She concratulated me on my sudden winnings, directed me to put the check into my bank account, and call her back in two days to be told what I was to do further. She "cautioned" me to lie to my bank if questioned about the check, stating that I would "have to pay taxes" on the check if I told my bank it was for money won.

I called my bank, who ran the "check", and found that it was not a valid account number. I called the Gen Fed Federal Credit Union, who is indeed a valid credit union in Akron, Ohio, listed at the top of the check. They informed me that they have received other phone calls regarding this very situation.

I ran the "telephone number" on the letter, 440-369-0356, and found that it is an unlisted cell phone in Quebec, Canada.

I ran the address, 3840 South 103rd East Avenue, Tulsa, OK, 74146 and found no such business in that business park, although the address exists.

I have contacted the Postal Inspector, who indicates that the Canadian Postal Inspector is working on this case at present. Please beware!!!! No one would ask you to transfer funds by wire for money you have won in a sweepstakes. Nor would you be sent a check in the U S Mail as a regular mailng in relation to a sweepstakes.

Laura
Chilton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2008 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Claims-Services/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74146/Financial-Claims-Services-Object-3rd-Grand-Prize-Winner-Notification-Tulsa-Oklahoma-1029412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Claims Services

AUTHOR: W. Crawford - (U.S.A.)

This isn't exactly a rebuttal but I didn't want to register so I'm just saying that I also received this same type of letter. The check looked real, everything looked real but of course I checked here on rip-off reports to see if someone else had information on this compnay. When I tried calling the number no one answered but and I almost had one person cash the check but they said it didn't have a header address on it. I'm so glad that I visited this site because not only does this make me feel like a fool but it also makes me furious that people can do this type of thing to SCAM you! Like they say....if you have to pay money for money you supposedly won - it's a scam...or if it's too good to be true, then it probably is! Thank you ladies for your input. At least I don't feel so all alone in this. This is mail fraud and I hope they find these people and stop them immediately.