Complaint Review: Financial Crisis Grants

• Submitted: Tue, March 31, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:Lantana Florida
Financial Crisis Grants
51 West Center Street #621 Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Financial Crisis Grants - Benefit Network Another Trusting Sucker Thrown Into Banking Hell. Orem Utah

Below is a copy of my complaint letter which I'm sending. I hope the government nails them to the wall. They have ruined my bank account and caused me $177 in overdraft fees so far by taking money, unauthorized, out of my account that I was not prepared for.
=============================================================
Financial Crisis Grants 3/31/09
51 West Center Street #621
Orem, UT. 84057

To whom it may concern,

Around the end of Feb. I looked over your internet site of "Financial Crisis Grants" and requested the demo / explaination CD that was to be mailed to me at a cost of $2.79.

Two days later my doctor phoned me and informed me that I would most likely have to be put back in the hospital due to a three way heart bypass operation I had.

Needless to say having this news I decided that I had no need for the CD or the financial grant program. At this time I phoned to your customer service operator to request the cancellation of the program and the CD.

Surprisingly I found the operator, Rob, to be very unprofessional and abusive, not wanting me to cancel the program and told me that I"Should not have ordered the program if I really didn't want it". I explained the problem again to no avail. At this point he had no compassion for my medical problem and bordered on being downright nasty. We ended the call with him reluctantly stating he would cancel the program and gave me the confirmation code of 024206/1165544.

Today, 3/31/09, checking my bank statement (inclosed), I find that my account was charged the $2.79 for the CD on 3/2/09, which I never received, under the description of 123-FUNDS with a Utah phone number.

To make matters worst my statement reflects that my bank also paid a charge of $79.95 on 3/12/09, evidently a monthly fee from "Financial Crisis Grants" company under the description of BENEFIT NETWORK AS, with a different Utah phone number (877) 204-7547. This withdrawal was unauthorized and boardering on criminal. This has caused my bank to bang me with multipal overdraft fees that I can not recover from.

With the above cancellation confirmation I should not be getting these fees from your company causing me further financial problems.

Today, 3/31/09, approximately 3 P.M., I called your customer service at (866)631-1642 in Utah and spoke to a man. He was unable to locate my phone numbers in your database but I identified myself answering other questions.

After I explained my problem with my bank withdrawals he assured me that my program was canceled and that I would be refunded and gave me a confirmation number 033109-3267919.

Later I felt that I should check this confirmation that my account was cancelled and my refund was in the works so I called your customer service rep at your other Utah number (877) 204-7547 under the name BENEFIT NETWORK. The two young ladies I spoke to were totally lost and didn't know what was going on and told me to write to you direct.

So here I am. I want my money back. I want you to redeposit my funds into my bank account. I feel this was a criminal act on your part and a very poor way to treat a potential customer and the internet public at large.

Please conduct yourself accordingly.

Carl Lezcano

Katherine Fernandez-Rundle, State Attorney, Florida
The Rip-Off Report

Carl
Lantana, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Crisis-Grants/Orem-Utah-84057/Financial-Crisis-Grants-Benefit-Network-Another-Trusting-Sucker-Thrown-Into-Banking-Hell-439685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Crisis Grants