Complaint Review: Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. (F.I.R.E)

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Jersey City New Jersey
Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. (F.I.R.E)
250 Tequesta Drive, Suite 304 Tequesta, Florida U.S.A.

Financial Independence And Resource Education (F.I.R.E) Debt Settlement Agency Ripping People Off. Tequesta Florida

*Consumer Comment: My experiences

I have credit card debt with 3 separate credit cards. F.I.R.E contacted me and made me an offer to help me settle my debt. I would have to make monthly payments to them and they would settle it for .20 on the dollar. I made my first two payments and they never contacted any of my creditors and I managed to settle one of the cards on my own. They said that I still owed them the same amount of money even if I settled it on my own and I paid off the card. When I told them I wanted out of the program and my money returned to me since they did not perform the services they promised, they told me I still owed them $7,000 in fees for a job they did not even do. Now I am even more behind in my credit card payments. I have given them close to $2000 now and I want it back and out of the program. They also put that I owe them money on my credit report. How does a company get to screw someone over so bad and not do it's job and still expect to get paid? Aren't there laws against this?

Chris
Jersey City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2008 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Independence-Resource-Education-Inc-FIRE/Tequesta-Florida-33469/Financial-Independence-And-Resource-Education-FIRE-Debt-Settlement-Agency-Ripping-Peo-393973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. (F.I.R.E)

My experiences

AUTHOR: Mitchell F - (U.S.A.)

I was led to this ripoff report after refering my friend to F.I.R.E. because he was in a bad situation with his credit card debts. I recently completed a 28 month program with this company. I never would have thought I would use a service like this and I was nervous, but after a divorce i was left with over $26,000 of credit card debt and bad credit scores and nowhere to turn. I was happy with what this company did to help me get back on my feet. So I referred my friend to them. He was researching the company before he made his decision to join this program where he found this negative feedback, so i wanted to write about my experience with this operation because my experiences were the complete opposite. I joined this program in August of 2005. I had seven different credit cards and a personal loan. I do not remember the name of the man who helped me get into the program but he was very nice when I was down on my luck. I thought that he was very honest and explained and prepared me for what was to come. The biggest thing that he explained to me and what I am telling my friend is that I had to be patient. It was a 28 month program and there is not alot action going on as I accumulated money to make settlements.However they were always available when i called to help me through with my questions. I had alot of reservations as i was going through the program as well and I was monitoring my credit and I didn't see much happening. Now I am completely out of debt and I recently qualified for 0% financing on a new automobile with a 706 credit score. This service is something you can't see touch or feel but if you stick to it they can work miracles.