Complaint Review: Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. - FIRE

• Submitted: Sat, June 13, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:douglasville Georgia
Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. - FIRE
250 Tequesta Drive -Suite 304 Tequesta, Florida U.S.A.

Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. - FIRE, Debt Settlement and Credit Correction Ageny Ripping People Off Tequesta Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You have options!

My family and I moved to Georgia looking for ways of better economic and quality life. My husband and I; however, found jobs that offered us much less money of what we were making before. We started falling behind in our credit cards (five in total) and the creditors were harassing us like crazy! For that reason, we decided to look for help in settle those debts; we are trying to avoid bankruptcy as much as possible.

FIRE offered us a "money back guarantee" if the accounts are not settle at fifty-five percent or less of the debts current face value. So we decided to try then; we have been paying this agency for the past eight months, a total of $4,149, for nothing. They never contacted any of our creditors; even thou when the creditors called us, we always gave them FIRE's phone number, but they never responded to their calls.

I also called FIRE every month to follow up and they kept saying that were working on our settlements, something that never happen. Per the creditor's FIRE never called them back to at least try to negotiate settling down our debts. So now we owe even more as the late fees piled up to the sky and our credit is a total disaster. The creditors even took us to the court and we are now in collections for all of the five credit cards.

I contact FIRE to get an explanation, which the person just gave me a very rude attitude and hung up on me. They even said that if we cancel them, we still owe to them and that we will not get our money back. Not to mention, that if we decide to sue them we need to hire an attorney in Florida. TOTAL RIPOFF. What a big mistake, we only wanted to settle down our debts, pay the bills, move-on and save our credit.

Crivera
douglasville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2009 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Independence-Resource-Education-Inc-FIRE/Tequesta-Florida-33469/Financial-Independence-Resource-Education-Inc-FIRE-Debt-Settlement-and-Credit-Corre-461474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Independence & Resource Education, Inc. - FIRE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You have options!

AUTHOR: 2bpositive - (U.S.A.)

You are not going to get sued by this company-don't even worry about it-I can tell you that contacting the attorney general will make a change for you. Sending a letter to the company that ripped you off will make an even better change for you! File a complaint with the BBB. Send this company a letter and tell them you are filing a complaint with the BBB and the attorney general-and DO it!. I can tell you this will work for you. Tell them you want a refund of monies paid and how they ripped you off. Speak up- you are not alone in this situation! Read up - especially at the attorney general's website about the crackdown on these debt settlement companies. Alot of people in financial difficulties are being taken advantage of, manipulated and downright abused-by these companies into thinking they don't have options-YOU DO!. This company is one of them! File your complaint-and KNOW that you will be helping others in your situation not go through what you went through. The last thing this company wants is a complaint- a letter- to the attorney general's office- get your refund-you deserve it! I can tell you from experience this work for you