satisfaction

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 18, 2010

• Reported By:New York New York
Financial Recovery Services
PO Box 385908 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Financial Recovery Services A complete and utter con job Minneapolis Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: ghetto debt collectors

*Consumer Comment: But, wait a minute...

These low-lifes began calling me four days ago in an attempt to intimidate and strong-arm me into sending them $ for a debt that no longer exists. Since this time, I've received calls from them on a daily basis and just today received a very official-looking letter from them in the mail.

The return address on the collection letter, which said that I could settle in full by sending them a one-time payment equivalent to 50% of the so-called "balance", is:

[No Name]
Dept 813
PO Box 4115
Concord, CA 94524

I called them today (at the phone # provided in the letter [866-438-2860], which the customer could call with "criticisms, complaints, suggestions, and compliments") to dispute this non-existing debt, only to be harrassed, threatened, and criticized by a rude, arrogant, and wildly unprofessional young scam artist.

After mentioning to this young man that I am on full disability and am not currently working, he (to my disbelief) responded that if I'm home all day and not working, I "should be happy to receive phone calls."

Finally, by the end of the phone conversation and after his shameless, unprofessional, uneducated attempts to intimidate me, he finally gave in, saying that my case was "an isolated error" and that he would remove me from their list.

In a word, Financial Recovery Services is a band of liars and thieves who prey on the innocent and under-educated. They do need to be stopped, but please, if you hear from them, do not allow their threats to cause you needless anxiety.

Iamsopissed
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Recovery-Services/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55438-5908/Financial-Recovery-Services-A-complete-and-utter-con-job-Minneapolis-Minnesota-452229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Recovery Services

ghetto debt collectors

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I have been getting calls from this company also.  Since the call is usually from a 1-888 or 1-866 number, I do not even bother to answer the phone.  They leave a message that is pre-recorded and says that if I am not the person they are looking for, to "ignore the rest of this message".  That is what the message says...  Today, however, someone by the name of Ms. Coakley called my parents' house, and then she called my office.  I don't know how these motherf*ckers got my office number, but I don't think my parents even have it.  I could tell this 'Ms Coakley' was reading from a script, and by her accent, she sounded like she was pulled right off the streets.  I wonder where some of these people get their education...

My question is, if these debt collectors are 'following the law', why are there soooo many complaints about them???

But, wait a minute...

AUTHOR: The Voice Of Reason - (U.S.A.)

Iamsopissed,

I am confused. You state that they sent you a bill for a debt that no longer exists. Did you pay the bill prior to them sending you a letter? Did you file bankruptcy? To the best of my knowledge, those are those only two reasons why the debt would cease to exist. Assuming the bill really does exist, why shouldn't you pay it? Because you are disabled? Does that give you the right to take mechandise or credit and not pay for it?

Did it occur to you that part of the problem with our economy is that people such as yourself take credit and then do not live up to your promise and pay what you promised?