Complaint Review: Financial Resources Unlimited

• Submitted: Tue, September 23, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2003

• Reported By:san diego California
Financial Resources Unlimited
7000 Adams St #101 Willowbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

Financial Resources Unlimited, Inc. ripoff Willowbrook Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Report, Report, Report ..why there are no complaints to the BBB on this company

fellow friends who have been ripped off,

i am a 22 year old student attending SDSU. Being a fourth year student, I have about a year left until I have to start paying off my loans. I used to work a 8-5 job and going to school full time as well.

one day, as i was reading through the magazine adds for a new job, i noticed a big bold box for work at home folks. i decided to look more into it so i waited to get the first packet they send you for free. i've done this kind of thing before (you'd think i'd learn the first time) but their letter was so convincing that i was stupid enough to quit my job, and wait for this package to come to my house.

with this letter stating that there will be no advertising on my parrt, postage is free, and it's not liket those other work at home scams. they're different.
being so excited with this new awaited financial independence, i got my mom to joing in.

they had groups of which you can start off in group #1 $550.00 weekly up to group #4 $3000.00 weekly. being ignorant and naive to these frauds, i decided to send in a money for $320.00 for my mother and i to start in. See others get ripped off for their $55.00 and get wild up and pissed about it. I just lost $320.00 from my life savings. Literally. I needed that for rent next month ;(
but being so dumb, i thought that quitting this job would be the best thing that's happened to me.

this morning like all other mornings, i wake up early awaiting for my package to come. today's the second week. isent in extra money for priority mail, which essentially means my package was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago as well.

at first i thought it was just the whether conditions causing the delay, but it finally hit me. if i have bills coming in from virginia, i think Illinois would be fine weatherwise.

i hate these creeps, i wished i had enough money to fly to IL and find these bastards myself. But- I have class, and most esp. I"M BROKE... hope this short letter of mine would be read before anyone sends in their money like me.

embarrassed idiot
san diego, ca

Elaine
san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2003 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Resources-Unlimited/Willowbrook-Illinois-60527/Financial-Resources-Unlimited-Inc-ripoff-Willowbrook-Illinois-67419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Resources Unlimited

Report, Report, Report ..why there are no complaints to the BBB on this company

AUTHOR: Wayne - Paralegal - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I am a paralegal in Wisconsin. I have been doing a great deal of research on companieas like this. I have sent in "initial' cost in small amounts to some of these companies, to see just what is returned. They always come back with asking for more money to get you underway.

The programs are designed to get the most out of you. They all offer the 3 programs and the most costly is always the "deal". They will cut the higher priced in half for that day or time period.

My concern is, why there are no complaints to the BBB on this company. People just accept the loss and move on. There are legitimate companies out there. If people would report the scammers, there will be ways to determine who is who.

This is at epidemic proportions right now. People would love to work at home. We all love to spend more time with family and have more relaxation and fun time. It is still a job to work at home. There is nmothing easy. There also should never have to be a "pay for work" situation. If someone wants to hire you, they are not going to ask for a deposit first.

The only ones I see that do that and have some just cause are the assembly companies. They ask to cover the costs of the materials they send. These however are also something to be leery of. They are out there but mixed in are the scams.

I just wish people would follow through and stop letting these companies get away with theirs and other peoples money.

Thanks for you time,