Complaint Review: Financing Alternative

• Submitted: Wed, August 25, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 25, 2004

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Financing Alternative
565 Cedar Rd, Suite 1 Chesapeake, Virginia U.S.A.

Financing Alternative Inc. rip-off! Chesapeake Virginia

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!! DON'T BE A VICTIM!!

Last year 2003, I desperately wanted a computer but did not have the funds to go out and purchase one. I saw an ad on television that I thought would be great for me. A single mom with school aged kids, I thought why not? I gave Financing Alternatives a call and placed an order for a new computer and they offered a printer for free with my purchase. I was told I would receive some documents by mail that I would need to sign.

A few months went by and I never received those documents. I spoke to a customer service representative and she confirmed my address but still I never received anything. THEY SAY "WHEN SOMETHING SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE MOST OF THE TIMES IT IS." I never received anything confirming my order, I RECEIVED NOTHING!!.

In the month of August I noticed the amount of $157.93 was debited from my account. Financing Alternatives Inc had debited money from my account twice totaling $315.86. I called them and told them I did not want them taking any money out of my account, especially after never receiving anything in writing confirming my order or something in writing to let me know that this company even exist. I wanted my money back!! They told me I would have to send a written request to the Auditing Department.

I sent the letter and they sent me a response stating that a refund could not be issued. In order for me to dispute this decision, I have to file a claim with the arbitration forum. The filing fee is $25.00. I do not feel I should have to pay a filing fee in order to get my money back. This company does not have anything with my signature and they never sent me a contract.

I failed to notify my bank within the 60 days and although it may be to late to get my money back, I AM BEING PERSISTENT!!! WHO HAS MONEY TO WASTE? People before you try to take the easy way out, please do your homework because WHAT LOOKS GOOD IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD!!!

Sheniqua
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2004 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financing-Alternative/Chesapeake-Virginia-23322/Financing-Alternative-Inc-rip-off-Chesapeake-Virginia-105327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financing Alternative