Complaint Review: Financing Alternatives, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2004

• Reported By:Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Financing Alternatives, Inc.
565 Cedar Road, #1 Chesapeake, Virginia U.S.A.

Financing Alternatives, Inc. ripoff lie, delay, overcharge, mislead, and don't care Chesapeake Virginia

I began making payments on a computer through FA in August 2003. I was told my computer would go into production after 3 monthly payments and be shipped 6-8 weeks after that (approximately 5 months). I have made 8 MONTHS of perfect payments and they can't even give me a shipping date yet!

I was told the delays were due to some paperwork they did not recieve from me, but I never recieved it from them! I had to call three times and wait on hold for over half an hour each time just to get the paperwork sent to me. I also made the mistake of calling to inqire about an upgrade. A flat monitor is $600+ and it takes over a month just to be approved! Apparently, making the inquiry alone slows down your production process.

They included a clause in the contract that you cannot sue them or recieve any kind of refund if you decide to void your contract. Dell is currently advertising the same computer on TV for $500 and I'm feeling a little shafted. I am paying $1600 plus interest. I will do my research on a company before I sign anything from now on.

Jessica
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2004 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financing-Alternatives-Inc/Chesapeake-Virginia/Financing-Alternatives-Inc-ripoff-lie-delay-overcharge-mislead-and-dont-care-Chesap-89498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financing Alternatives, Inc.