Complaint Review: Fingerhut - Axsys National Bank

• Submitted: Wed, September 15, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 15, 2004

• Reported By:Asheboro North Carolina
Fingerhut - Axsys National Bank
West Chester, Ohio U.S.A.

Fingerhut Axsys National Bank bogus billing on closed account West Chester Ohio

I reached a settlement with the old Fingerhut, via Encore, in January 2001. I paid the agreement in full and closed the account. I thought that was the end of it.

Since that time, I have received a letter from various collection agencies about every 6 months. All letters state I still owe on this settled account. The charges I supposedly owe are for some sort of account insurance which I never ordered- or so I was told when I finally got a live person to talk to me about this issue.

According to the people I spoke with at Fingerhut, the cost of this insurance was charged every so many months, and it had continued to be billed to my account after the account was closed. I was told that this was a mistake and that it had been handled; that the issue had been brought to the attention of a "supervisor", the account flagged to be fixed and was there anything else they could help me with...

With each bill from collectors, the amount I owe has grew to the tune of the amount I would have been charged IF I still had an account and IF I had this insurance on said account. I have called every collector involved over the years, and I have called Fingerhut and Card Holder Services. I never get any answers, only more phone numbers to call and bad attitudes (even though I am nothing but polite when I call).

I have tried everything I know to do to settle this. I will not pay one dime for these charges. I do not owe anything and I feel like I am being scammed.

I know I am not the only one out here with this sort of problem. I was told by the last collection agency that I called that I was the 4th person that morning alone to call and complain about Fingerhut accounts.

What do I do now?

Jennifer
Asheboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2004 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank/West-Chester-Ohio/Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank-bogus-billing-on-closed-account-West-Chester-Ohio-108569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut - Axsys National Bank