Complaint Review: Fingerhut Corporation aka Fingerhut Credit Advantage aka Axsys National Bank

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, December 19, 2002

• Reported By:Freeport Florida
Fingerhut Corporation aka Fingerhut Credit Advantage aka Axsys National Bank
53 McLeland Road St Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut Corporation Credit Advantage aka Axsys National Bank ripoff issues cards to minors St Cloud Minnesota

Axsys National Bank issued a credit card in my name when I was 15 years old they did not have my SSN or my birthdate .....

When I was 15 years old I recieved a credit card in the mail with a $250 credit limit from Axsys National Bank. Someone must have used this card, because I was getting bills. My mother sent them many payments in an attempt to lower this balance, but to no avail. I was 17 years old and the card was maxed out, and I already had an awful credit rating. We called the company and asked them if they were aware that I was a minor and they admitted that they did not have my SSN or my birthdate, let alone a signature from myself OR my mother.

Even if I had signed, I was not able to enter a contract without parental signature, which was not given. Now I am 19 years old. This account was opened 07/99 and i was born 10/83... do the math on that one. Somehow I now owe them $416. They have closed the account, which from my understanding means that I am not expected to pay.

On my report it says Account Closed, and the last report date was 09/01. I REFUSE to wait 7 years from that date for this to come off of my report when I never applied for a card, and was not even of age to recieve credit. All that I ask is that this account is taken off of my credit report. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is the most idiotic company I have ever in my life seen. What kind of company issues credit to someone who is not even ALLOWED to work yet? You would think they would ask for a birthdate, a Social Security Number, or at least proof of employment... Not to mention when I called them 2 years ago and told them that I was only 17... they did not close the account at that time, instead they continued to tack on more and more finance charges and fees... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Felicia
Freeport, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2002 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Corporation-aka-Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-aka-Axsys-National-Bank/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56393/Fingerhut-Corporation-Credit-Advantage-aka-Axsys-National-Bank-ripoff-issues-cards-to-mino-38774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut Corporation aka Fingerhut Credit Advantage aka Axsys National Bank