Complaint Review: Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account - Jefferson Capital, LLC, Plaza Associates

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2004

• Reported By:Victoria Texas
Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account - Jefferson Capital, LLC, Plaza Associates
P. O. Box 18008 Nationwide U.S.A.

Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account - Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account - Jefferson Capital - Plaza Associates billed for products services not requested received - don't actually know what I've been billed for Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account Nationwide

I received a letter today stating that Plaza Associates, a collection agency, is granting me a great offer by requiring payment of only $167.71 on a bill owed on my Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account of $279.53! Here's where I have problems with my account:

1) I don't have an account with Fingerhut.

2) I never ordered anything from Fingerhut and didn't know what it was or what products/services they provide, until I looked it up on the internet today.

3) I never buy on credit - I don't even own a credit card.

4) I have always had impeccable credit, which I now have to worry about, thanks to an unscrupulous company.

5) The bill was addressed to my address, with an apartment number - I own my own home - no apartment.

6) I've read several letters re: Fingerhut and their unscrupulous/illegal business practices and see that I'm not alone and the list of people being ripped off grows daily.

How do we stop these companies/thieves?!

Cynthia
Victoria, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2004 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-Account-Jefferson-Capital-LLC-Plaza-Associates/nationwide/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-Account-Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-Account-Jefferson-Capita-108407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut Credit Advantage Account - Jefferson Capital, LLC, Plaza Associates

Prokofieff