Complaint Review: Fingerhut Credit Advantage - Axsys National Bank

• Submitted: Sat, April 02, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, April 02, 2005

• Reported By:Poulsbo Washington
Fingerhut Credit Advantage - Axsys National Bank
6250 Ridgewood Rd. Saint Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut Credit Advantage - Axsys National Bank Untrustworthy and Unprofessional, Ripoff! Saint Cloud Minnesota

In short, I purchased and item from Fingerhut for $69.99 which, when I finally received it 2 months after Christmas of 2000 was broken.

It was missing parts and did not work. I contacted Fingerhut and requested return shipping lables due to the broken item and requested the charge be reversed from my Axsys National Bank - Fingerhut account. This was never done!

I had to ship it back myself at a mere cost of $13.75 (never reimbursed) and even received my confirmation of delivery, but the charged still was not reversed.

For over a year I had to deal with telephone calls to pay the quickly amounting debt which went from $69.99 to $190.00 with interest and late fees.

Even after having to file bankruptcy for other personal issues in 2003 the debt remains on my credit report at $190.00. I have called several times and have now, just tonight issued my second letter (first was sent certified and received) requested the information be correctly reflected as included with the BK and not a "Charge Off" at more then 150 days past due.

This letter, will have a copy sent to my attorney and hopefully, this will bring and end to their ignorance and unprofessional business practices.

Sheila
Poulsbo, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2005 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-Axsys-National-Bank/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-Axsys-National-Bank-Untrustworthy-and-Unprofessional-Ripoff-137357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut Credit Advantage - Axsys National Bank