Complaint Review: Fingerhut, Credit Advantage

• Submitted: Fri, December 13, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, December 13, 2002

• Reported By:Glendale California
Fingerhut, Credit Advantage
P.O. Box 7999 St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut, Credit Advantage ripoff Saint Cloud Minnesota

I ordered a vaccum cleaner and a pair of shoes from Fingerhut 4 years ago. I received the shoes. I never received the vaccum cleaner. I was then billed for it regardless of calling in and also FILING A CLAIM REPORT TO THE COMPANY which they indicated was their procedure. They continued to bill me for something I had never received for two years including reporting it onto my credit reports causing a black mark. AFter three years, they REMOVED the billing for the vacumm cleaner which was NEVER RECEIVED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

When I called in and got someone finally on the phone 6 months ago, they said I still had to pay the finance charges before they would allow it to be removed from my credit report. This is a complete rip off. I got finance charges accumulated on merchandise I never received, then it tok them almost 3 years to remove the billing and insist I still pay the finance charges before they will take it off my credit report.

I have been calling the supposid phone number for the company which is handling this account and it rings busy all the time regardless of time when you call.

Hello??? did I miss something here? You don't deliver, you bill me then charge me penalty then ding up my credit and you can't be reached to sort it out? this company is criminal and should not be dealt with in any way.

Leslie Farrow

Leslie
Glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2002 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56302/Fingerhut-Credit-Advantage-ripoff-Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-38153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut, Credit Advantage