Complaint Review: Fingerhut - Jefferson Capital

• Submitted: Wed, May 25, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 25, 2005

• Reported By:salt lake city Utah
Fingerhut - Jefferson Capital
Box 7999 St Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut - Jefferson Capital 2nd time they've tried to get money out of me this year! St. Cloud Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: MAKE THEM VALIDATE (THEY CAN'T!!)

I just got hit up for over $700 from this Fingerhut and they damaged my credit report. This is the second time this year!!!! After the collection agency asks for my last four of my social they say that it does not match... No Lie!!!

I still have to waste my time... Has anyone filed a class action lawsuit... isn't it time?

Dean
salt lake city, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2005 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-Jefferson-Capital/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56302/Fingerhut-Jefferson-Capital-2nd-time-theyve-tried-to-get-money-out-of-me-this-year-St-143952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut - Jefferson Capital

#1 Consumer Suggestion

MAKE THEM VALIDATE (THEY CAN'T!!)

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

Send them a letter, either Certified Mail (though many of the bottomfeeders are refusing these) or invest another dollar or two and send FedEx letter with signature confirmation and also fax it if you have a fax number (keep the fax confirmation..it can come in handy). Below is a sample letter:

Your address
Date:

Bottomfeeder Junk Debt Buyer
Address

Re: (their reference number)

In accordance with Section 809-Validating Debts of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I respectfully request that you provide to me, in writing, the following:

1. Explain and show me how you calculate what you say I owe.

2. Provide me with copies of any papers that show that I agreed to pay what you say I owe.

I have disputed this debt, therefore, until validated, you know your information concerning this debt is inaccurate. Thus, if you have already reported this debt to any credit reporting agency, then you must immediately inform them that this debt is in dispute. Reporting information that you know is inaccurate of failing to report as disputed violates the FCRA 1681s-2. If you do not own the rights to this debt, please send a copy of this dispute letter to the original creditor, so that they will have documentation that they will be aware that this remains in dispute. If there is an issue, I will deal with the original creditor, as I do not deal with collection agencies or junk debt buyers.

Finally, in accordance with section 805 (c )-Ceasing Collections, of the FDCA, please do not contact me regarding this, except by official mail and then only to inform me that your collection efforts are being terminated or that you are taking specific actions allowed by law.

Your cooperation anticipated and appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Your name (NEVER, EVER GIVE THEM A SAMPLE OF YOUR HANDWRITING..TYPE OUT YOUR NAME)

Junk debt buyers have no authority and no power and are only interested in separating you from your money..and like a stray cat, feed them once and they keep coming back for more. At least a stray cat will appreciate the food..a junk debt buyer only sees you as an easy mark.