Complaint Review: Fingerhut - axsys Bank

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2004

• Reported By:35959 Alabama
Fingerhut - axsys Bank
5361 Cathy Street Cedar Bluff, Alabama U.S.A.

Fingerhut/axsys Bank I got my credit report, I have never worked at Burger King and my dob isn't 1961, I tried to tell them this and they would not listen I never order their stuff St. Cloud minnesota

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response to fingerhut having your ssn

I filed for a loan, and was told that I owe Fingerhut 377.00 dollars. I have never order anything from these people, but they are on my credit report. I got on the internet and got my own report.
The report stated that I worked at Burger King, and that my dob was 1961. That isn't true it is 1960.

When I contacted them the first thing they ask for was an

Well now they have that too, so I have really screwed myself before this I had good credit I don't know who did this but I want to find out how and what I can do to restore my credit/

If there is any way someone can help I would appreciate it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-axsys-Bank/Cedar-Bluff-Alabama-35959/Fingerhutaxsys-Bank-I-got-my-credit-report-I-have-never-worked-at-Burger-King-and-my-do-85006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut - axsys Bank

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Response to fingerhut having your ssn

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

"When I contacted them the first thing they ask for was an account #, which I don't have, then a person got on the phone never thinking when they as for my ss# I gave it to them!!!

Well now they have that too, so I have really screwed myself before this I had good credit I don't know who did this but I want to find out how and what I can do to restore my credit."

I used to work at Fingerhut and they DO NOT change a social security number on an account even if it is wrong. There really is not too much you can do about this accept pay the account off. This is why you should check your credit every 6 months. The account you are talking about, the merchandise was ordered anytime before March of 2002(I belive it was March, for sure 2002). That is the last time the old Fingerhut(Axsys national bank) took orders on those accounts. So, you see the account is too old to do an investigation. You do have one other choice, let it sit on your credit report until it drops off(7years, depending on state, since 1st reported)