• Report: #472069

• Submitted: Tue, July 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
Fingerhut-rjm Acquisitions Funding Llc
575 Underhill Blvd Ste 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

Fingerhut-rjm Acquisitions Funding Llc Midland credit management trying to collect on Fingerhut bill settled in feb 06 Syosset New York

my now ex-husband was contacted by an attorney stating he was collecting on fingerhut bill that had not been paid on from 2000, this was in feb 2006 he said if we did not settle on this account he would issue a warrant for my arrest. i sent money orders overnight to the new york address for rjm acquisitions and my ex had the balance of the payments taken directly out of his checking account with my last payment i asked to have a paid in full letter to be sent to me and never did receive anything from them. we paid $1,406.00 to settle this account. now in 2009 i am recieving notices from midland credit management, inc po box 60578 los angeles ca 90060 requesting amt of $5,283.22 be paid to them for this fingerhut bill. i sent them a letter and told them this account had already been settled but they will not respond to this just keep sending me billings. i pulled my credit report and this is not showing on any of my 3 reporting agencies. transunion set me a letter stating this has never been on my credit report however inquiries have been made by rjm acquisitions. i have emailed fingerhut and they have emailed me back stating that the company was sold to another company in 2002 and they do not have any information on these old accounts. i do not have money to pay on this bill that has already been settled. they have a record at this new york address that this was settled but are still trying to collect on this again is this company that hard up for the hard working persons money no wonder they had to sell they have very poor records and collection practices. please help me and let me know what i can do from here to get these people off my back that i have already paid.

Peggy
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut-rjm-Acquisitions-Funding-Llc/Syosset-New-York-11791/Fingerhut-rjm-Acquisitions-Funding-Llc-Midland-credit-management-trying-to-collect-on-Fing-472069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut-rjm Acquisitions Funding Llc