Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2006

• Reported By:Susanville California
fingerhut.com St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut ripoff St. Cloud Minnesota

I had an account with Fingerhut in 2002. I had kept paying on the bill and it went into collections, I paid off the balance of $250. I was told this would take it out of collections and it never did.

I look at my credit report and I have an account thru Jefferson(Fingerhut Collection) that is paid in full. I also have a balance with Fingerhut for $250 still on my credit report.

I was told that Fingerhut was bought out and that the new Fingerhut was only given rights to the name "Fingerhut". I am to contact "compucredit" with a PO Box or fax, I wrote to them and they never returned my mail. I have had this on my credit for years now and I have no way to get it off.

They seem to enjoy destroying peoples lives.

Susanville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2006 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56302/Fingerhut-ripoff-St-Cloud-Minnesota-175400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut