• Report: #193387

• Submitted: Fri, May 26, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 03, 2006

• Reported By:Rover Arkansas
Fingerhut
6250 Ridgewood Rd St Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut ripoff St Cloud Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: How long

Last year I purchased a $40.00 stereo from Fingerhut. It never worked well, and ruined alot of my favorite CDS,and finally after a few weeks it started erasing every CD I put in it. I asked them to replace it or fix it. They were not willing to take the stereo back or fix it. I owed one more payment of 6 or 7 dollars. I felt that I did not want to pay for a stereo that did not work. Now Fingerhut says I owe them $101.76. It was a 40 dollar stereo that never worked. They call repeatedly, early morning and late evening, threatening that they are going to ruin my credit, and my husbands credit. They say I will never be able to buy anything online again. They will not listen to anything I have to say, they are very rude and nasty, They want "their" money. I need help !!!! I am willing to change my phone number, but can they ruin a persons credit over a stereo battle??

Vicki
Rover, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2006 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Fingerhut-ripoff-St-Cloud-Minnesota-193387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How long

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

How long did it take you to call them about the faulty merchandise from when you ordered it?

And the short story is they may ruin your credit if they report it to the credit bearau.