Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Submitted: Sun, November 05, 2000
  • Updated: Sun, November 05, 2000

• Reported By:dundee or
14 McLeland rd St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Fingerhut and fingerhut.com mail order rip off artists

It all started when I ordered a pair of shoes off of fingerhut.com. I completed my order and assumed everything was fine. I thought that fingerhut sent there stuff U.P.S since no other way was mentioned. Well one month later when my shoes hadn't arrived I called and found out they sent them through the Post Office. This was a big problem because we do not receive mail at our rural home address.

I talked to someone and told them to resend them out U.P.S. but they couldn't do that until the other pair came back. After another month of waiting i got fed up and called and cancelled the whole thing, I told them they were a bunch of idiots and could shove their shoes where the sun don't shine.

Another month after that I got a call from the billing dept. asking when i was going to make a payment because it was overdue! I ask the girl what she was talking about, i cancelled the order a month ago. I had to call the customer service and find out why it hadn't been credited back to my account. They told me that they had sent out another pair without me telling them to do so, and they sent it out through the post office again!

Finally, a couple of weeks later i called and they said they had received the shoes and were going to credit my account and a week later i got a bill saying i was 3 months past due and on a payment plan!! I should have listened to my best friend and my grandma who have also had problems with them!

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Fingerhut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56395/Fingerhut-and-fingerhutcom-mail-order-rip-off-artists-3774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut