Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007

• Reported By:Maryville Tennessee
Fingerhut
6250 Ridgewood Road St. Cloud Mountain, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-208-2500
  • Web:
  • Category: Websites

Fingerhut Rude & Uncaring St. Cloud Mountain Minnesota

*Author of original report: Guess What!

*Consumer Comment: MAIL ORDER RENT TO OWN

I made my first purchase with this company over the internet 2 days ago. I happen to be on a web development team at my employer so I know what to look for to make things a little easier to use.

On this website the time it took to load one page and go to another was outrageous. I am on cable modem and my pages, usually, load in great time. It took 30-45 seconds for pages to go from the list to the item. I thought perhaps it was my connectionbut It wasn't me.. it was them! I finally-- after 15 minutes got my order of 3 items in totaling about 100.00. The three items ordered were barely going to weigh 3 lbs. but together and the shipping cost was 27.97! Outrageous!

And the search functionsforget about using that! I tried to search for POKEMON things so I put in POKE in the search box and only one thing popped up. I know for a fact they had more things then that. I just happen to know I was searching for a POKEDEX so I typed that in and whala!, there was the item I was looking for.

To beet all I called the 800# to talk to someone about the issues, thinking perhaps they cared about what their customers thought. Boy, was I wrong. I got some dood that barely spoke English and all he could say is "If you want to complain about the website your going to have to call customer service". If you want to order something I can help you but if not call customer service. HELLO! He was the website help! Whatever! That's the 1st and last time I will ever order from this company. Their stuff is too expensive anyway. You can buy a PS2 from Wal-Mart for 129.99, but through this company it cost 199.99 plus astronomical shipping.

Brenda
Maryville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2007 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Mountain-Minnesota-56303/Fingerhut-Rude-Uncaring-St-Cloud-Mountain-Minnesota-289512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

Guess What!

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

I got my box today. It was open and only 3 of my 5 items was in the box. It was on my front steps when I got home from work. There was NO tape on the top--not even evidence that tape had ever been there. I called their 800# during their 8-8 central hours and could NOT get a human on the phone to complain to.

This company stinks and needs to get with the real world. I was going to test their customer service to see if maybe my first reaction was wrong--but forget it now. I guess I will have to call tomorrow and navigate my way through the stupid phone mess and wait and wait and wait.... wish me luck! Im gonna need it.

MAIL ORDER RENT TO OWN

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

Fingerhut is basically a mail order Rent To Own store. So they have to have higher prices for merchandise and shipping. The do this to cover their a$$ in case someone order's something and does not pay in full. I am sure what ever you ordered you could have ordered somewhere else cheaper.