Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Updated: Tue, December 20, 2016

• Reported By: Friedflubber — Center Conway New Hampshire
Fingerhut
6250 Ridgewood Road St. cloud, Minnesota USA

Fingerhut FINGERHUT REFUSED TO TAKE BACK DEFECTIVE TV DURING 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD Saint Cloud Minnesota

*General Comment: No...

I purchased a 40" LED SAMSUNG, 3D Television for Fingerhut on November 15, 2013.

Immediately the TV began turning on and off by itself.

I called Fingerhut to return the telelvision. I was told by an EXTREMELY RUDE phone representative "It is not fingerhut's problem, you must contact the manufacturer", she then hung up on me.

I called and emailed NUMEROUS times. I got absolutely nowhere with the Fingerhut representatives. They refused to let me speak with a supervisor, they hang up on me and they are completely unwilling to assist me. It is a complete nightmare when dealing with Fingerhut.

In December 2013 - I spoke with Kyle ID # MADRILEJO - He stated I was no longer within the 30 Day Home Trial period and there was nothing he could do. Again, he refused to let me speak with a supervisor and claimed he was unable to transfer my call or provide me with additional phone numbers to contact Customer Service. [continued below]....

.....

Again, I emailed several times and I left a negative product rating through the Fingerhut website. I received no reposnse to the numerous emails, but Fingerhut removed my negative rating from their webiste. Fingerhut is misleading consumers by removing negative ratings and displaying only the positive.

I finally decided to contact Samsung, the manufacturer of the TV.

Samsung arranged for a company to come to my home to repair the television. The repairman replaced the defective part twice (the first part blew as soon as it was inserted). The "band-aid" repair held for less than a week. Again, the TV was on and on, on and off.

I called Samsung and their ECR Representative told me "YOUR TV IS OLD & OUTDATED". i would have to go through another repair, once I prove the TV is still under warranty.

At this point, I stopped making payments to Fingerhut. They sold me an OLD, OUTDATED, DEFECTIVE TV.

Well, It didn't take long for the harrassing, collection phone calls from Fingerhut to start. They want their money, but still unwilling to take the TV back. They reported my account to the credit agencies as default, which brought my credit score down.

I started to threaten Fingerhut and Samsung with a lawsuit, BBB, Consumer Protection, anything I could rattle off to make someone listen. The TV came with a 1 year warranty that guranteed against defect....I wanted it replaced.

Finally, 7 months into this ordeal, Samsung has agreed to exchange the TV. This should happen within the next 7 -10 business days.

BACK TO FINGERHUT -  I called Fingerhut today (June 30, 2014). I explained that Samsung has agreed to exchange the TV and I would be willling to make my monthly payments, If fingerhut removed the late fees and updated my credit report. I was told " you pay the late fees $260.00 now and fingerhut will reimburse you and update your credit report" .  REALLY?  I asked him to send the infomation to me in an email, which he refused to do, so I asked him to remove the late fees first, which he refused to do. After going several rounds with this person, he stated he was not authorized to remove the late fees or update the credit report. Why did he tell me he would????? OMG - SO NTENTIONALLY DECEPTIVE!!!

Again, I asked for a supervisor and again I was not allowed to speak with one. I asked to be transferred to someone that could assist me and again, he refused.

I called Fingerhut back 6 times today, I have spoken with Sarah, Kerriann, Kim, Stephanie, Samuel and Ellis. All of these representatives were unwilling to assist, unable to help, unwilling to connect me with a supervisor, unable to provide me with additional phone numbers and so on.

This has cuased me a great deal of anxiety & stress, it has ruined my credit, which has affected me finaccially, and it has cost me countless hours.

I would be more than willing to speak with ANYONE that could assist with getting this Fingerhut issue resolve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-cloud-Minnesota-56303/Fingerhut-FINGERHUT-REFUSED-TO-TAKE-BACK-DEFECTIVE-TV-DURING-30-DAY-TRIAL-PERIOD-Saint-Cl-1158539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Tyg - (USA)

No Finger hut didnt ruin your credit, YOU DID BY NOT PAYING THEM!!!!! YOU were still under the obligation to pay them even if you were having issues with the item. By NOT paying them YOU WILLINGLY accrued those late fees. There is NO EXCUSE you can give that is going to absolve YOU of the financial agreement YOU made. YOU in essence signed a contract to the effect that THEY send YOU items and YOU pay for those items month after month. Since YOU CHOSE to WILLINGLY stop making payments then YOU get to deal with the costs of doing so. YOU CHOSE the method of payment. YOU CHOSE to use FingerHut. YOU CHOSE to stop making your payments. At what point are YOU going to take responsibility for YOUR CHOICES???? How many times are YOU going to sit there and DEFLECT responsibility off of yourself before YOU realize YOU have done this to yourself?? YOU contacted FH AFTER the 30 day return period was over and YOU ADMIT THIS!!!! When they tell YOU that YOU have to go through the people who made the TV, MAGICALY FingerHut is NOW rude. IF the TV was ACTUALY doing as YOU CLAIM then YOU would have contacted FH IMMEDIATLY and gotten this resolved. But this issue happend AFTER you could return it and since FH wouldnt give you your way, THEY are the badguys. Grow up mouthbreather!!!