Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Reported By: Tired of Getting Screwed — Dallas Texas United States of America
Fingerhut

Fingerhut Credit Line Decreased for NO Reason , Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Temporary Credit Line Increase

I was FURIOUS this morning when I opened my latest Fingerhut bill. They had lowered my credit line by $200 for NO reason. According to their website if you pay on time and do not miss any payments your credit line is in no risk of being decreased. So I make sure to pay my bill on time every month but they slashed my credit line. I did a little researched and was dismayed that because other customers do not pay their bills, my credit line is being decreased. I sent an email to Fingerhut asking for it to be increased to where it was, but they have yet to respond. I am sure this is another account that will be paid off and closed. I get tired of paying off accounts and closing them because America's credit problem is at an all time high.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2010 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/internet/Fingerhut-Credit-Line-Decreased-for-NO-Reason-Internet-644921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Temporary Credit Line Increase

AUTHOR: Sandra - (United States of America)

I always got a temporary line of credit increase which affected my credit score. The last time they gave it to me I called and told them to discontinue giving me a temporary credit increase as it negatively affects my credit score and I was told they will not decrease it again and she made a note in my file, so it has stayed at the increased amount since.