Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Plymouth Minnesota United States of America
Fingerhut

Fingerhut Extremely rude and uncaring , Internet

My mother ordered a new "high end" recliner from fingerhut. It was overpriced even in perfect condition but it broke the first time it was sat in (by a very small person). Their customer service was indredibly unhelpful and completely uninterested in fixing the problem, they had their money so they didn't care.

The chair was very expensive but the description made it sound amazing and it looked very nice in the pictures. Unfortunately the first time my mom sat in it the back snapped and wouldn't go back on. The chair was very poorly made and not worth anywhere near what they charged for it.

I called customer service to have them come and pick it up and give us our money back. First they said it was the shipping companies fault and I needed to contact them. Then they said it was our fault for being to rough with it even though it was only used once by a 90 pound woman. I told them it was fine when it was delivered, it didn't break until the recliner part was used. They kept placing blame on the shipping company and us and wouldn't even talk to me after numerous phone calls. They started becoming very rude, I was told to stop calling them and just give it up because it wasn't their fault so there was no way I was getting my money back.

I regret not taking legal action against them but I spent so much time dealing with terribly rude people and waiting on hold to talk to more rude people I just gave up, threw it away and bought her a new one. We never did get any money back so I guess they won but hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake and never ever do business with these money hungry terrible people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/internet/Fingerhut-Extremely-rude-and-uncaring-Internet-996877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut