Vermont

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: 132_and_bush — California United States of America
Fingerhut

Fingerhut Incompetent, ignorant , Internet

My wife decided to create an account with Fingerhut to buy my daughter some pots and pans for her new apartment out of state. We completed the application and then realized we hadn't had the items shipped to her place, but to ours. We contacted Fingerhut and were told that they would only deliver to our home. We were a little annoyed, but no big deal.

A little while later my wife received her fingerhut package. First thing she noticed was that it was extremely light for what she had ordered. She opened the box and found a coat instead of the pots and pans she ordered. She contacted Fingerhut and proceeded to get the worst customer service ever.

The first guy she talked to said he had no idea what to do and told her that he would find a supervisor. After about fifteen minutes, the call cut off. She called again and got a different "customer service" agent. When she explained her problem, the agent said, " ". She then told my wife that she would have to talk to a supervisor because she didn't know what to do. After another fifteen minutes she came back and said she could not find a supervisor. She put my wife on hold again and, SHOCKING, the call was cut off.

My wife called a third time and immediately requested a supervisor. After being put on hold again she finally got in touch with one. She explained the problem and he said they would send out a return label for the items she got, but it would take another week. (This order was placed 12/20, this occurred 1/2). He then told her that because she was a new customer, he technically could not make an exchange. My wife explained that this was not an exchange because she got the wrong item. He said it was an exchange because they were "exchanging" the wrong item for the right one.

the absolute inability of these people to fix a simple error in shipping was mind boggling. Two different staff members who work for a company that does only shipping didn't know HOW to do a return for an improper order is beyond ignorant.

And to add salt to the wound, they would not allow her to cancel the entire order. We will never use this company again. And if I can find a way to get a refund, I definitely will. Horrible service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/internet/Fingerhut-Incompetent-ignorant-Internet-990698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut