Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — Richmond California United States of America
Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reported to credit union payment not made after cancellation trial. Internet

*Consumer Comment: ash was in the crapper???

*Consumer Comment: There has to be more to this story

Account paid in full early without late fees.  I did in sign up for a trial Fingerhut medical card for $1.00 but found when received it could not be used with my plan.  I cancelled well before the trial but Fingerhut continue to bill me.

After not getting anywhere I agreed to pay $14.00 to clost account and afterward Fingerhut reported to credit agency that I was 90 days past due.  When paying Fingerhut agreed that there would be no further action if paid.  Now I'm unable to get student loans for my sons this semester, all for $14.00.

Not only did they report incorrect negative payment history but they also listed the account as being sold to a collection agency.   Company refuse's to acknowledge my cancellation.  Credit ruined for $14.00 did not buy or charge anything from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2012 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/internet/Fingerhut-Reported-to-credit-union-payment-not-made-after-cancellation-trial-Internet-922829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

ash was in the crapper???

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

not an outstanding member of team rebutt. no way the team is never wrong.

There has to be more to this story

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

" When paying Fingerhut agreed that there would be no further action if paid.  Now I'm unable to get student loans for my sons this semester, all for $14.00.  "

This minor of a ding to your credit should not have invalidated you to getting student loans. My credit was in the crapper and I got student loans for myself with no issues. If you are being denied student loans, there must be other things on your credit report besides 1 past due account. While it sound like fingerhut is screwing you, you are also exaggerating your story.