Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2014

• Reported By: arizonamailman — Huachuca City Arizona
Nationwide USA

Fingerhut Trying to bill me on an account that was closed Nationwide

In 2012, I had a fingerhut account. When I fell behind, I reached an agreement with fingerhut to pay off the account at which time fingerhut was to close the account. The account was paid off in the summer of 2013.

On 7 August 2014, I received a call from the billing department of fingerhut saying that I was overdue on an item purchased in June of 2014. Since the account was supposed to be closed by fingerhut when the final payment was made, I could not have purchased anything. I did double-check with everyone who lives in my house and none of them had made any purchases nor had they received any items from fingerhut.

If fingerhut did not close the account as they agreed to, they have created a situation where someone else was able to hack the account and purchase items. I am still trying to contact customer service and explain to them that I will not be paying them anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/nationwide/Fingerhut-Trying-to-bill-me-on-an-account-that-was-closed-Nationwide-1168277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut