Complaint Review: Fire Safety Magnets

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: MirGom — rockville Maryland
Fire Safety Magnets
Internet USA

Fire Safety Magnets firesafetymagnets.com CLAIMED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MONTGOMERY FIRE DEPARTMENT Calls from a Florida Number Internet

I got a call from a lady who says she was producing magnets to be handed out by the MONTGOMERY COUNTY FIRE DEPT in Maryland. I was surprised also that she was calling me from FL. At first I thought it was legit... but then I started wondering... why did they pick MY business to handle ALL OF montgomery county?? It sounded too good to be true.. She was calling from FIRESAFETYMAGNETS and directed me to their website. She offered to get my biz ad on the magnet(which would supposedly be distributed to up to 25,000 people) for a cost of $700/18 months. Too good to be true?? Once I realized I was getting played and asked her for the PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN they did for our county, she put me on hold and I was directed to a man who clearly had more experience than she did, claiming she was NEW and didnt have that info. He tried to change the subject several times and I pressured for the previous campaign magnet. He said by the time he could find it and get it sent over to me, the biz ad slot would be taken. (he wanted to send it by mail?!?). I asked for an email copy. Nothing. Still waiting for his contact info. Thank god I found all of the scam alerts online...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fire-Safety-Magnets/internet/Fire-Safety-Magnets-firesafetymagnetscom-CLAIMED-TO-BE-ASSOCIATED-WITH-THE-MONTGOMERY-FI-1161849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fire Safety Magnets