Complaint Review: Fireside Pros

Fireside Pros
1392 Route 130 South Windsor, New Jersey United States of America

Fireside Pros Awning Design The Absolute Worst! Windsor New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fireside Pros Glass Fireplace Door Installation

These guys installed doors on my fireplace and now the fireplace is unusable. For 2 months they would not return my phone calls or respond.  Finally, I reversed the charge and only then did I get a phone call.  The owner blamed me for their incompetence and said there was nothing he could do. He came to my house and made a fire. When he did, the smoke billowed into the room and filled the whole house. He told me to convert it to gas. They will not fix their defective installation and I am stuck with a fireplace I cannot use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fireside-Pros/Windsor-New-Jersey-08561/Fireside-Pros-Awning-Design-The-Absolute-Worst-Windsor-New-Jersey-1039790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fireside Pros

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fireside Pros Glass Fireplace Door Installation

AUTHOR: Fireside Pros - ()

I visited the home of this client twice after a complaint of experiencing smoke in the room when making a wood fire. Most recently was on Sunday, February 24th with the proper materials to start and sustain a wood burning fire in her fireplace. The Design Specialty glass fireplace doors with mesh screen doors Fireside Pros installed on December 21st 2012 operate properly and when open, have no bearing on the operation of the fireplace. Fireplace glass doors are meant to keep sparks, ashes and wood in the fireplace and when the fire is winding down or out entirely, the doors may be closed to reduce cold air from entering the room while the damper is open.

Before starting the fire, I opened and checked the damper, created a proper draft, started the fire and added dry wood successfully. I explained to the customer (who did not stay in the same room for more than a few moments at a time), at times, any wood burning fire will produce smoke as the wood is consumed, but if you build the fire toward the rear portion of the firebox, the smoke produced will go up the chimney, not into the room. Also, I recommended using smaller more manageable pieces of wood when adding fuel to the fire.

After spending about 90 minutes at the customers home, I apologized  again on behalf of Fireside Pros for the initial delay (several weeks, not 2 months) as indicated in addressing her concerns and have spoken to my staff about the incident. Since then, the bank has settled the dispute in our favor and returned the client's credit card payments into our account.

Fireside Pros has sold and installed dozens of custom made fireplace doors without incident and recieved high praise from our customers on the quality of the product we offer and our professional installation.