Complaint Review: Firestone Auto Services

• Submitted: Wed, April 24, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped-Off-Customer — Winsow New Jersey
Firestone Auto Services
5200 Rt. 42 Turnersville, NJ 08012 Turnersvill, New Jersey United States of America

Firestone Auto Services Frestone Complete Auto Care Damages to vehicle and swapping of equipment Turnersvill, New Jersey

To begin this story let me say that in the past this shop was my to go to first facility for almost anything relating to auto repair and tires. On one visit, I had to leave my vehicle for several hours for some seelingly minor work. That should have rang a bell. When I returned I paid the bill and left. Never looking the vehicle over. Since the vehicle is driven by my wife I did not notice the "swap and damages" for almost a month. I keep this vehicle in a garage, so when I washed it I noticed that one alloy wheel was very beat and used looking compaired to the others. I went to the Firestone shop and had a service tech come out and look at the wheel. He said it did looked out of place and could see that is was in very bad condition compaired to the other three. I suggested that on the day I had service they may have been another vehile with "GMC" wheels and that "maybe" while both had their wheels off, an accidetal switch was made. Of course he said that could not have happened and could not check that date to make certain. Since this was a month later, and I had no real proof that there was a swap, I left. After writing to the District Manager for Firestone in Southern NJ and not hearing from him, I forgot all about the RIP-OFF. Then I noticed the running board on the passenger side was a bit bent and the body side molding was different and older looking and did not fit propperly. Never hearing back was the real kick in the butt along with them not checking back.

Please remember this...ANYTIME you ever leave your vehicle at ANY repair facility, do a look-over as you would when you rent a car and do another when you return after repairs are made. I learned the hard way. And even though I am venting here, I really doubt that this will affect the business pratices of this shop.

Winslow, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Auto-Services/Turnersvill-New-Jersey-08012/Firestone-Auto-Services-Frestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Damages-to-vehicle-and-swapping-of-equ-1045751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Auto Services