Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care Springfield

• Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: JAY — Long Beach Mississippi United States of America
Firestone Complete Auto Care Springfield
6699F Springfield Mall Springfield, Virginia United States of America

Firestone Complete Auto Care Springfield paid for nothing Springfield , Virginia

March 5 2012 I took my car to Firestone. I had a squeaky sound when Id hit the brakes. I was told I needed new rear brake pads and rotors. My total of $571.72. Because I do not live in the DC,MD,VA area this is just my work/airport car.
March 2012 I took my car to NTB cause I purchased my tires with them and have lifetime rotation& balance. Then I was going back to Firestone cause I have lifetime alignment with them. So when I went to (((competitor's name redacted))). The Service guy Rob told me that my brakes cracked,and I needed new rotors.Shocked!

I told him I just got new rotors. I just told him to fix it all. Thinking to myself I know I just paid Firestone for new rotors. But I needed to look at invoice to be sure. After that job was done. I got the invoice out the glove box and showed it to Rob. He was Shocked and told me to go to the back where they worked on my car told the mechanic and then gave me my old rotors. Told me to take them to Firestone and show them how they never put new rotors on my car. When I get to Firestone I tell the Service clerk Derek to walk out my car and look and my new rotors show him my Invoice from them then show him my old rotors that were in the back seat of my car.

This is where I got upset . He asked why didn't I bring it back to them. I told him Why? If it had not been for the other shop you would have banked $571.72 for doing nothing.Then he said how could he be sure that Firestone did not put those new rotors on my car. I told him cause I would not have old ones in the back seat. I don't need them.All said and done $ was put back on my card(yet to see it back in my account)

Next day a manager Mike/Mark calls to apologize and explain the miss communication  with the first guy Travis who helped me and the technician. Explaining that the part wasn't in. Well then I asked. Why would he even charge me and fake me to believe I have good parts on when I don't . I was just so bad cause I was taken for a fool. I could not let this happen to some one again by them. If had not been for Rob&guys from (((redacted))) I would be driving around with bad rotors in jeopardy of loosing brakes hurt myself or someone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Springfield/Springfield-Virginia-22150-1711/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Springfield-paid-for-nothing-Springfield-Virginia-857802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care Springfield