Complaint Review

Address:
2901 S. University Drive Davie, Florida United States of America Phone:

Category:
Auto Repair Service

Firestone Complete Auto Care Attempted to force additional unwanted services Davie, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I would have to agree..

*Consumer Comment: Nice Try

On May 12 I entered and requested a basic oil change and a radiator flush service. Without asking if I wanted it, they upgraded the oil change to an advanced milage oil change, and balked when I balked at the higher priced service ($8.00 more) Then when they brought the cat in to the shop they noted it was running hot, and wanted me to accept an engine check service with a price tag of $45, which I declined. At this point they refused to proceed with work on my car saying they would not do anything unless I agreed to the extra services. I again refused told them to close the car up and take it from the shop, I was cancelling all services. 10 minutes later, the car was still in there, and they were still trying to persuade me to still go ahead with the extra unwanted services. Finally fed up, I entered the shop, closed the car up (with no service yet performed by them) and backed it out myself and left.

Avoid this place like the plague, they will try and rip you off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/Davie-Florida-33328/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Attempted-to-force-additional-unwanted-services-Davie-Flori-602443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care

I would have to agree..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You go in asking to do a "basic oil change and radiator flush service".  That to most mechanics would be a big "red flag", as to why you are asking for a radiator flush.

But I guess you are right.  They should have just performed the services you requested without checking out anything else.  After all what legitimate shop does any sort of diagnostics, even on the "word" of someone who comes in knowing what services they need.

So when the "flush" does not solve your overheating problem, what would you have done.  Perhaps you thought you could go back to them claiming that they damaged something and must repair it at their expense.  Or maby something a little less sneaky.  Perhaps you would have claimed that they should have known that the "flush" didn't need to be done so you would just want your money back on that.

Yep I am sure that you were totally original and no one has ever tried that before.

Nice Try

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

Who was trying to ripoff whom here? You brought in your car which you knew was overheating and did not tell them, you just asked for a routine oil change and radiator flush than would raise cain when you got it out saying they messed up your cooling system.

I have nothing to do with this shop as I live in SC and used to Live in Davie and had several service businesses and saw this all the time, Good for Firestone

MORE FEATURED REPORTS