- Report: #1089224
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care
Firestone Complete Auto CareIrving, Texas USA
Firestone Complete Auto Care Bridgestone Service recommended despite manufacturer's recommendation and poorly serviced Irving Texas
*Author of original report: Update 10/23/2013
*Author of original report: Update 10/10/2013
*Author of original report: Update
*Author of original report: RE:
*Author of original report: RE:Corporate Response
*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Response
*Consumer Comment: Let us know
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Firestone in Irving, TX (MacArthur) recommended that I have my transmission flushed on 2006 Lexus GS 300. I later found out that 06 Lexus and newer models have World Transmission that should last for the period of vehicle's life. My point is not wether the transmission oil lasts forever or it doesn't, however why was the service recommended when it isn't recommended by the Manufacturer?
Even Firestone's Scheduled maintenance does not support any documentation of including Transmission fluid check up. (per link below)http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/vehicle-scheduled-maintenance/117635/100000/2006-Lexus-GS300/listServices.htm#/140000/NORMAL
Dealing with Customer service was okay, however District and Claim department was an impossible task to deal with. It sounded as if Firestone/Bridgestone is only interested on their objective, not the customer's interest. Here is the mail I submitted to Firestone via their websites and certified mail today. I hope someone with rightmind gets back with us to work on a solution.
I hope this email finds you well.
My 2006 Lexus GS300 had numerous services done via Firestone and I am completely dissatisfied by it. Major issue I am having is with my transmission. Lexus carries World Transmission that does not need a FLUSH nor CHANGE during the duration of the car’s life.
Due to lack of Service Manager’s knowledge, Firestone suggested that I get a transmission flush promising that it would definitely help the car’s performance. Customers pay money to have their cars serviced by Firestone because we trust the knowledge of the advisors. This manager and/or advisor suggested and recommended a service that is not required by the manufacturer with lack of knowledge.
According to Lexus dealers, Lexus dealers are the only ones with machines that has capability to do the transmission oil change and flush accurately. Not because of their expertise, but due to the machine that indicates the exact temperature and the exact amount of fluid that needs to be filled. With this knowledge I called the Firestone and asked them to provide what method was used to determine the correct transmission flush was done. Here is the answer that I received.
Firestone has its own machine that measures the amount of fluid that is taken out and we put back in the exact amount that was originally taken out.
This process is important due to my Lexus not having a transmission oil dipstick under the hood. Not having the right amount of oil would have damaged the transmission over period of time. After having my transmission flushed, I took it back to the shop twice to have it looked at due to rough shifting and slipping. The shop advised that this would go away with time…Only thing that went away was my oil, it is burnt to point of black. I took it back to firestone at least twice due to the concern and to prevent from bigger issues.
Firestone’s customer service has been excellent but District and Claims have not tried to cooperate with its customer only focused on their objective.
Below are the documentation that I need from Firestone.
1. Check with manufacturer and provide documentation that states Versatrans EA63/GL1706 Transmission fluid is recommended by Lexus.
2. Provide Firestone's process documentation of Transmission Fluid flush for Lexus that was done that date and/or current process.
3. Firestone’s website’s recommended maintenance link does not support any documentation of “Transmission Fluid” maintenance check for its recommended maintenance. Please provide a documentation why it was recommended even when it’s not recommended by LEXUS nor Firestone.
Below are the services that I had issues with Firestone.
1. Brakes replaced however squeak noise have lasted 2 years. Have been taken back to firestone multiple times only to be told it will go away or could not duplicate the issue.
2. All 4 tires purchased along with warranty, all 4 tires ended up being defective and had them replaced from Firestone.
3. Transmission flush service being recommended while it is not recommended by manufacturer along with Firestone’s website not containing any Transmission Fluid Services on its Routine Maintenance List (Every 5-10K miles)
I am hoping that Firestone, myself and Lexus can work TOGETHER to insure all methods and material used were done under manufactuer’s recommendation.
I think this is a good start point and it would save all parties the time and its credibility.
Please provide feedback and documentations in writing so that our progress can be documented.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/Irving-Texas/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Bridgestone-Service-recommended-despite-manufacturers-recom-1089224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.