Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Maurice — San Francisco California United States of America
Firestone Complete Auto Care
1200 Larkin Street San Francisco, California United States of America

Firestone Complete Auto Care Overcharged for Parst and Services Despite Not Fixing the Problem San Francisco, California

*Author of original report: Firestone of San Francisco Deserves your Business

I brought my vehicle in for a scheduled maintenance (75,000mi). i was called my the service rep and told of an issue with my oil pressure sending unit. He said that it was "hanging on"- not securely attached. I told him to replace the unit (averages $40 at automotive stores)- he said he could replace it for $99 total. I said OK. I go to pickup my vehicle and paid without intently looking at the invoice of services done. I was charged for two pressure switches ($200). i called back promptly and spoke to the rep who told me that the second charge was for labor. $100 labor just doesnt seem right and the invoice does not say labor- it quotes for two switches. After all that I notice that my oil pressure gauge isnt working- the needle is completely off the chart- so i called the rep once more and he said that they "failed to reset" the switch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/San-Francisco-California-94109/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Overcharged-for-Parst-and-Services-Despite-Not-Fixing-the-Pr-551064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone of San Francisco Deserves your Business

AUTHOR: Maurice - (United States of America)

Update...

I brought my vehicle back to Firestone of S.F. today and was treated fairly and with respect. They resolved the issue of oil pressure switch and the miscommunication quickly and professionally. They appologized for any inconveniences that may have occured.

I also aplologized for my hasty review of their service. I have been a Firestone customer for years and have had little reason to fault their service or professionalism in the past. It matters little now if there was a simple miscommunication or an incorrect price quote of the unit. What matters most is that I recognize that I am human as are the service reps and mechanics of Firestone. We all make mistakes. Firestone of San Francisco's past performance should have made me recognize that I do trust them with my automotive care and they will continue to get my business in the future.

I was too quick to judge a company that has served me well in the past. Let this update help others reading these reports to recognize that simple miscommunications or other issues should not be reason alone to cast misjudgment. Give them the chance they deserve.