Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care

• Submitted: Thu, July 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Kathleen — HOPEWELL JUNCTION New York U.S.A.
Firestone Complete Auto Care
South Road Wappingers Falls, New York United States of America

Firestone Complete Auto Care WHAT SCAM ARTISTS!!!!! Wappingers Falls, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Response to complaint

*Consumer Comment: ripped for sure

These people are real ripoff artists....I went in for an oil change and A/C recharge on my PT CRUISER..
got there at 7am ..4 hours later they tell me I need new brakes, rotors etc etc etc
Well after they did the brake job(meantime I'm still waiting for my car) and 8 HOURS after I arrived for my oil change the car was done...then they said it needed $1200 more work...
They even stopped working to go have lunch meantime I'm sitting there since 7am..
WOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER GO TO THEM AGAIN....
I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN I GUESS THEY THOUGHT I WAS DUMB...
HAD TO OPEN A FIRESTONE CHARGE ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR THE BILL
Thank Goodness my daughter printed up a $100 off coupon...
I am still in shock over this terrible experience...went home shaking from lack of food and nothing to drink(they only had a coffee machine which I never drink)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/Wappingers-Falls-New-York-12590/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-WHAT-SCAM-ARTISTS-Wappingers-Falls-New-York-752763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care

Response to complaint

AUTHOR: slyons - (United States of America)

My name is Stephen Lyons and I am the Assistant District Manager for this store. I take your complaint very seriously and would like to help you out. Please give me a call at your earliest convience. 518-371-7036. Ext 1

thanks

ripped for sure

AUTHOR: GeorgeV - (USA)

I am betting you didnt even need brakes, and if you paid more than $200 for new brakes,rotors/drums you definately got ripped. pretty much every car that comes in to these stores "needs brakes" whether  they really do or not. Midas quoted my wife $900 for her brakes that i replaced for $125 including drums and rotors/pads and wheel cylinder. if you have under 100K on your cruiser you probably didnt need brakes yet. were your brakes squealing bad or grinding? if so then you might have needed brakes.