Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Autocare

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
Firestone Complete Autocare
144th & Maple, Omaha, NE Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Firestone Complete Autocare Warranty work not needed but performed...watch for this scam! Omaha Nebraska

I took my 2008 Chrysler Town & Country into my local Firestone Complete Autocare for it's 12,000 mile oil change and was told by the service manager that I also needed a coolant flush as per their software program (that they pay $40,000 a year for from Chrysler-his words). Not knowing I said go ahead, after getting home and looking through my warranty book and calling Chrysler I discovered that it's not required until 102,000 miles.

After many calls and complaints I finally received a refund for the coolant flush but I want people to be aware of this practice and pay attention to what actually needs to be done to maintain your warranty on new vehicles.

Needless to say I won't be going to another Firestone any time soon.

Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Autocare/Omaha-Nebraska-68116/Firestone-Complete-Autocare-Warranty-work-not-needed-but-performedwatch-for-this-scam-455425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Autocare