Complaint Review: Firestone Tires Jacksonville Florida

• Updated: Fri, November 13, 2009

• Reported By: Mr. Frog — United States of America
Firestone Tires Jacksonville Florida
Lane Avenue Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Firestone Tires Jacksonville Florida Lane Avenue by Big Lots Broke my hub cap on my Ford Taurus during a break inspecton, tried to hide it then refused to fix problem Jacksonville, Florida

Before we went to Firestone, all hubcaps of my vehicle were in perfect condition. We went to Firestone Tires for a break job after calling and getting an estimate. After the car, a Ford Taurus, was on the lift, I was informed that it was company policy to change the break lines also, which upped the bill to over $400.00. Pure BS. I thanked them for their time, refused the break lines and was told that w/o the break lines, no work would be done. I agreed and asked that my car be removed from their shop. I looked at my car on the lift and the driver's side front hubcap was placed on, no problems. When we left the loby and returned to the parking lot, my car was parked at the end of the row, passengers side facing us. Looked at the hubcap on that side, no problem. The one on the driver's side had a third of it snapped off, strangely, the section where you put the tire iron in to remove it. The break was fresh. No residue from warn break pads on it. Stevie Wonder could have seen this.

I returned to the store to show the manager what had happened and when the manager asked the tire changer if he broke it, the lying SOB stated it was already like that. We were told there was nothing to be done and Firestone would not fix the problem. I wanted a new hubcap. No one from the store or Corporate would even return our future calls. The hubcap is still on the car and Firestone can go hug a root.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2009 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Tires-Jacksonville-Florida/Jacksonville-Florida-/Firestone-Tires-Jacksonville-Florida-Lane-Avenue-by-Big-Lots-Broke-my-hub-cap-on-my-Ford-T-523284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Tires Jacksonville Florida