Complaint Review: Firestone complete auto car

• Updated: Tue, November 02, 2010

• Reported By: Tiredguy — Liberty Township Ohio United States of America
Firestone complete auto car
10400 Reading Rd cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Firestone complete auto car Who do they think they are cincinnati, Ohio

*Author of original report: Confused

*Consumer Comment: Confused..

On Friday October 29 2010 I had to be in the Evendale area and thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone. After dropping my son off at my wifes job I switched out vehicles and headed off to get a oil changed thinking I would be back in plenty of time to switch out cars again by 5pm. Earlier this morning I spoke with Wes about getting a oil change appointment, he told me I would not need one come on down I mentioned it would be around 3:30 pm and he said no problem come on down we will take care of it. I am now thinking to myself this location will not even let me schedule a appointment.

I showed up at the Evendale location #019372 at 3:11pm spoke with Wes about the oil change and also asked for a tire rotation and a courtesy check. Wes checked my history and saw that I have been getting High Mileage oil he asked if I would like to stay with that, so far so good. It is now going on 3:42 pm and my jeep is finally being pulled in, I was thinking that I would still be able to get back to her office by 5 pm. Gary told me at 4:05 that it would not be much longer, 4:30 rolls by I stand up and walk towards the shop door to see my Jeep in the air wheels off and no one working on or around it. I see Gary and point at my watch as to say whats the hold up. It's now 4:36 and Gary comes up to cash me out and the Jeep is still not done. While cashing out Gary asked if Wes spoke to me about the recommendations, I told him Wes hasnt spoke to me about anything, and by this time I really did not care I needed to go.

While I am standing in the showroom watching the latest news about mysterious packages coming out of Yemen, I here the oil pump making noise,to my surprise the Tech is adding basic oil in my car that calls for High Mileage I had to open the shop door and explain to him that it the wrong oil, Wes was sitting at the service desk and said nothing. Finally at 4:50 pm my Jeep is being pulled out of the shop and I am on my way. I had to reset my own oil reminder light that was not done by the shop what else did they for get to do. Did they double torque my lugs, I did not hear or see that. I had to wipe to oil off of my tie rod end adjusting sleeve while I was checking out the lower hose leak. Tighten the loose clamp which fixed the leak or spend $273.43 with this location to fix the same problem.

I asked to be given a Courtesy Check and instead I was given a Complete Vehicle Inspection with Tire rotation with out my knowledge or my Authorization. I was given a page of recommendations that no one ever went over with me total of $914.68. What if we were leaving to go on vacation and was about to drive to Myrtle Beach, I have 3 major components that are leaking on my vehicle and this shop failed to inform me of them. The shop is suggesting to replace both upper and lower radiator hoses with new clamps to flush the system out even though most if not all of it has been drained out due to the lower hose coming off. Both the Radiator and upper and lower hoses were replaced on 09/09/09 at a Michel Tires Plus, so why just because of a very very slight leak are they suggesting to do both. I have verified that the items that are said to be leaking are in fact leaking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2010 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-complete-auto-car/cincinnati-Ohio-45241/Firestone-complete-auto-car-Who-do-they-think-they-are-cincinnati-Ohio-657684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone complete auto car

Confused

AUTHOR: Tiredguy - (United States of America)

This is your 1st statement to me  Apparently these people have you "on file" already as you state that they show you have been getting "High Mileage" oil.   Yet you are surprised that they wouldn't let you make an appointment.  Have you made appointments in the past?  It's company policies to accept appointments  and we are talking about a national company where all customer history is accessible for store look up. This location is my first time there.
your next remark is about a courtesy check and a complete vehicle  inspection
A C.C. come with every oil change and the CVI is a service that they provide for the customer. They need auth  to inspect my vehicle, a cc does not check the items that they where recommended to me. They are digging for stuff to try to sell me, can you understand that, plus it only add more time to do it...

your 3rd remark
- You asked for a Tire Rotation and they gave you that, so how was that without your authorization.  You asked for a "courtesy" check.  Did they charge you for their vehicle inspection?  If not then it was a "courtesy" check.  If they did charge for it then yes that would be a valid complaint, as "courtesy" would mean free.
 They can only inspect up to what they have Auth for and they did not have Auth for the CVI....

your 4th remark
During this entire time you appear to be in a rush to get out.  So perhaps they didn't feel that they had time to go over it with you.   Even if they went over the stuff at say 4:00 would you have had time to have anything done?

They promote that it only talk a hour to do a oil change, I should of been out of there before 4:50 pm and it does not make much sense to do  a inspection and not inform your customer.

and you last remark Sorry but unless you have a lot more issues that you didn't mention, the worst this appears to be is bad customer service, but far from a ripoff.
 what about the coolant hoses replacement

Confused..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You then state...I showed up at the Evendale location #019372 at 3:11pm spoke with Wes about the oil change and also asked for a tire rotation and a courtesy check.

Yet not even a couple of paragraphs later you are complaining about...I asked to be given a Courtesy Check and instead I was given a Complete Vehicle Inspection with Tire rotation with out my knowledge or my Authorization.

- You asked for a Tire Rotation and they gave you that, so how was that without your authorization.  You asked for a "courtesy" check.  Did they charge you for their vehicle inspection?  If not then it was a "courtesy" check.  If they did charge for it then yes that would be a valid complaint, as "courtesy" would mean free.

- Then you probably should not take your car in for service at any mechanic 1.5 hours before you HAD to be somewhere else?