Complaint Review: Firestone

• Reported By: C — swedesboro New Jersey United States of America
Firestone
307 village center drive swedesboro, New Jersey United States of America

Firestone Thiefts and crooks who rip you off swedesboro, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: You have both invoices?

I went there recently to have my power steering done and dropped the car off and described there was a problem with the steering and it was leaking fluid.  I left the car and they called me 3 hours later from firestone and said  sheepishly the power steering, etc would be about $1300??????

After that I said no thanks just print me an estimate and I will be picking up my car asap.  They printed me an estimate with that price for the power steering.  I almost tried not to laugh when I came to pick up my car and the estimate for thirteen hundred dollars.

I immediately had my car towed that day to a local mechanic who is great.  He had it fixed the following day and his cost to fix my power steering was not even 10 percent of Firestone's estimate. He charged me 150 dollars altogether.  He gave me his printed out bill and estimate and I compared the two and still have the two and laughed.  The local mechanic said people constantly bring their cars from firestone to his place.

Once before a few months prior I took my vehicle to get two tires at firestone.  They said I would need an alignment as well.  The bill was nearly 800 dollars just for that, an oil change, wiper blades, and belts.   I do not know where they are getting their parts from-but are beyond outrageous. And they seem to make up prices out of the air.  When they break down the prices of parts, labor, etc...it just does not add up(no pun intended).

They try to fool the average customer by having a pristine clean establishment and printing out overly detailed fancy print out sheets of your vehicle's problems and have 3-D pictures printed out of your car to make it look like they are so high tech and efficient at what they do.  It's a joke really and these " props" are really just smoked mirrors to fool the customer.  Anyone with half a brain can see through their gimmicks, ploys, and veneer hiding their money hungry establishment

Firestone is the ultimate wolf is sheep's clothing.  I would never use them again. Never.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone/swedesboro-New-Jersey-08085/Firestone-Thiefts-and-crooks-who-rip-you-off-swedesboro-New-Jersey-967376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone

You have both invoices?

AUTHOR: SUCKA! - (USA)

Did you put leak stop in the power steering system at some point?  Your point would seem even more valid if you actually posted pictures of the 2 invoices you have...since you claim to have one from Firestone and one from the person who did the repairs.