Complaint Review: First Advantage

St Petersburg, Florida United States of America

First Advantage Bogus Employee Screening Services St Petersburg, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Horrible...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Horrible customer service

*Consumer Comment: W2 for Employment Verification/Running own background check?

*UPDATE Employee: Not Bogus...

This company purports to provide employee candidate screening.  I received multiple phone calls from a call center staffed overseas inquiring for me to confirm that someone worked at my company.  I did not contract for this service nor did I recognize the name offered in the multiple voicemails.  In fact, the company that they claimed that this person worked at was not even remotely similar to my company name.

So being a Good Samaritan thinking that a non-response would hurt whatever job prospects of the candidate seeking a job somewhere, I called the client service number provided.  After waiting for nearly 15 minutes without anyone from client service answering, I found a different client service number on the website and called.

When I tried to explain the situation to the representative who answered and offered their company investigation ID provided and candidate name, I was informed that there was nothing that he could do.  He refused to take my number and forward it along to the screening team so that they might correct their records. Then he hung up on me.

This is as I can determine it a bogus screening service with a very fancy website.  Watch out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Advantage/St-Petersburg-Florida-33716/First-Advantage-Bogus-Employee-Screening-Services-St-Petersburg-Florida-987289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Advantage

Horrible...

AUTHOR: aclau - ()

It doesnt matter who you do business with currently. I can write contracts with large companies too but if my service is as bad as yours its only a matter of time before they go somewhere else. I have had similar experiences with the reviews written above. I am a 3rd party vendor that works with First Advantage and my contact has been tying to change vendors for some time now but because of "contractual obligations", corporate will not allow it for the time being. We'll see what happens when the contract expires, they have received too many complaints from their vendors.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Horrible customer service

AUTHOR: Nader - ()

I just experienced your so called customer service today. Because my previous supervisor retired, I was asked if I can provide her personal contact info. I reached to her, got her personal email and tried to add this information to your database. Then the woman who received my call displayed absolutely no patience and almost yelled at me to repeat the email address.  Jesus christ, you are the one ask me to provide some additional contact info, not I begging you to help. I don't know what's the quality of your service but I do know that your customer services are the worst I have ever met.

W2 for Employment Verification/Running own background check?

AUTHOR: Carolyn - ()

In researching this company - as a third party used for candidates for positions at USAA, I was very concerned that part of this process includes: 1. Sending W2s for past jobs - for employment verification? 2. Running your own background check for a State that you do not reside in? In trying to gather additional information as to why a W2 (for example) would be used for employment verification - and not simply calling the HR department of the past employer and going through the legalities of gaining such information (and how a W2 would answer such questions as: Is this person someone you would rehire? (a typical question when conducting past employment history) I was told that this is "standard". When trying to understand this "standard" process - and asking how sending a faxed W2 is in anyway secure....I was actually told by Judy at First Advantage - that I could put a cover sheet on my fax?! If USAA does outsource the various checks of their potential employees to First Advantage - I feel I have a right to know the policy and how a W2 is the only requirement for employment verification (per First Advantage - this is true) - and how a background check that I run myself (and pay for!) is also part of the process. As follow-up - I have an order number - and would welcome comments, questions, feedback - but most importantly - answers! I'm about ready to file a complaint...just figuring out where to start. Thank you in advance, Carolyn

Not Bogus...

AUTHOR: Jaryak - ()

First Advantage is actually considered to be the industry leader in employment screening services. They are also the largest company of their kind in the world, and are incredibly well-known within the industry. Clients they perform screening services for include Verizon, Barclays, and McKinsey and Company. I'm sure you've heard of these corporations.

Oftentimes when performing a background check, a phone number to a business is not provided. If your business is small and difficult to locate contact information for... it's pretty common that a couple wrong employers will be called before locating the right one or receiving contact information from the applicant themself.

I can't defend somebody hanging up on you (Although based on our customer service reputation, I would assume that is an exaggeration), but if you called and told them that you were not the correct employer and that the applicant did not work for you, why exactly would the representative need your contact information? First Advantage verification specialists work under very stict deadlines from their clients and there would be no use to take contact informationfrom somebody who is stating that they are not able to provide verification assistance.