Complaint Review: First America Credit

• Submitted: Thu, August 04, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2014

• Reported By: Kat — San Antonio Texas U.S.A.
First America Credit

First America Credit cash loan, internet, fraudulent advertising, fraudulent business practices, bait and switch, specializing in DOD employee rip off, dishonest Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: First America Credit

I applied for a loan with First America Credit because they said they could give me higher loan with less fees. I went through the whole application process, even setting up an allotment to repay the loan through the federal pay system.

After they had proof that my government allotment was set up and I couldn't change it, they call back and tell me they can't give me as much as they had originially thought. Now I am only going to get half the money, but they are going to still get the same payment every month. I have to wait a whole month to try to change the allotment and they get the same amount of money till I can get it changed.

This is bait and switch advertising and it's highly illegal. Government and military beware. Go some where else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2011 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-America-Credit/internet/First-America-Credit-cash-loan-internet-fraudulent-advertising-fraudulent-business-pra-760726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First America Credit

First America Credit

AUTHOR: First America Credit - ()

As a direct lender, First America Credit prides itself on customer satisfaction. It was with shock and dismay that I stumbled upon your complaint. On behalf of the First America Credit team, we are sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I believe there may be a misunderstanding about estimated loan amounts and approved loan amounts.

Estimated loan amounts presented at our website are based on an applicant’s loan application.  Estimated Line of Credit amounts are subject to final approval and validation of an applicant’s information.  Unfortunately, often an applicant’s stated income or other information is found to be inaccurate or mistyped.  If the application is accurate, the estimated loan amounts are exactly what the customer receives (if he qualifies).  It sounds like there was some confusion relating to the customer’s application.  Even when a customer’s application contains errors, we still strive to provide some amount of loan to our customers, and we regret that this effort to accommodate our customer caused dissatisfaction with First America Credit.

In regards to the payments that were set up, there are no pre-payment penalties with First America Credit.  And, by paying off the loan quicker with higher principle payments you are saving money on the interest.  First America Credit offers allotment/direct payments to customers for the ease and convenience of repayment without the hassle of remembering when your payment is due.  We greatly apologize if there were any misunderstandings about setting up the allotment.  Rest assured, our loan officers will make every effort moving forward to be clear about the set up of their allotment/direct payment for a Line of Credit.

Regards,