Complaint Review: First American Home Buy Buyers Protection Corporation

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2014

• Reported By: Sherry — Antioch California
First American Home Buy Buyers Protection Corporation
1 First American Way Santa Ana, California USA

First American Home Buy Buyers Protection Corporation Misleading, Warranties, Warranty Company from Hell Santa Ana California

This company is horrible. Last year I put in a minimum of 3 service requests for my refrigerator that was not working properly. The first contractor they sent out in my opinion was a crook and I requested that they never send this contractor to my home ever again. The second contractor was wonderful. They practically re-built the whole refrigerator even though the technician felt it was futile.

Yesterday morning, I had to submit another service request on the fridgerator as it has stopped working all together. I had to end up buying a used refrigerator because I am diabetic and certain things have to be kept in the fridge. They will not cover secondary damages. My laminate flooring under the refridgerator is ruined because the first contractor did not fix the problem. And I've had to throw out numerous food items.

I also discovered previously on their phone messages when on hold waiting for a representative that it used to state if it isn't fixable they will replace it. It no longer says that. I also found out the cost of parts and labor for the rebuilt of the refrigerator. It was a total of $1,118.44. Are you kidding me? They could have replaced my refrigerator for about $850.00 from Sears. I only obtained the above listing of parts and labor after I told them I was suing them in small claims court.

I am going to opt out for the cash out option. Also, to do this I have to have a contractor come out to tell me that it is DOA (dead on arrival) and I still have to pay the $65 service charge. I am going to ask also for the re-imbursement of the regfrigerator I had to buy and the service fee. I know good luck, right?

I would be interested in any class action lawsuits or legal representation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2014 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buy-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Santa-Ana-California-92707/First-American-Home-Buy-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Misleading-Warranties-Warranty-Co-1168502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buy Buyers Protection Corporation