Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, October 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 24, 2008

• Reported By:Galloway Ohio
First American Home Buyers Corporation
PO Box 10180 Van Nuys, Connecticut U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Corporation Refused to cover a claim even after I was told prior to the service that it would be Van Nuys California

I reported that my garage door opener quit functioning. Contracter did not call within 48 hours as I was told. Four days later I was contacted. Techncian stated door opener was worn out and charged me $140 for putting the chain back on, adjusting a knob and spraying grease on the springs. He said that since it wasn't actually "broken", my warantee did not cover it. The opener stopped working again after maybe being used 9 or 10 times. I called First American back and the person on the phone told me it would be a re-service and I would not have to pay ANYTHING this time. Well after spending about 2 minutes on the opener the same technician asked for $110 and told me my door was too heavy for the opener to manage (it had worked just fime the previous 8 months). I refused. I was just billed from the door company this past weekend and when I called First American they said "sorry, but you must take this up with the technician". I spoke to a customer service specialist this Tuesday who was supposed to call me "right back" after she called the dorr company. As of today (Friday) I had not heard back, so I called and was transferred to a "manager" who was even less helpful and refused to be responsible for the incompetence of his company. Of course now I have to jump through hoops to cancel my worthless policy. I had this policy included with my home purchase over a year ago and I notice that the first year when I wasn't paying they covered ANYTHING (even an airconditioning filter and an air conditioning cable my dog chewed on). I then renewed in April 2008 and that is when the trouble began. My sump pump went out in the Spring and I was PROMISED that it was being handled as an emergency and someone would call the same day. Not so. If it had not been for my neighbor having an old swimming pool sump pump that I used to pump the water out, all of my furniture and drywall would have been ruined thanks to First American not living up to their "promises". What a scam! They refuse to pay for their own mistakes and information but will gladly take your money every month and give nothing in return. It is also obvious that they use below standard repair companies and probably give them a cut. I will MAKE SURE everyone knows the truth about this company.

pjamela3000
Galloway, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2008 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Corporation/Van-Nuys-Connecticut-9140180/First-American-Home-Buyers-Corporation-Refused-to-cover-a-claim-even-after-I-was-told-prio-384518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Corporation