Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, September 27, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: hileng — Winchester California United States of America
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
7833 Haskell Ave, ( P.O. Box 10180) Van Nuys, California United States of America

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Denied My Claim for Repair Van Nuys, California

First American Home Buyers Protection is the worst among the worst, don't get  their home warranty. I bought a home warranty which started from  08.20.12 through 08/2013. When we moved into the house this August, 2012, there was no cold shower on the master bedroom and hot shower on the other restoom upstairs. We called for service and they sent a man from SPS who did not have tools and asked my husband for tools to check the showers, he said that the pipe needs to be cut and replaced the faucet, we were quoted to pay $250 pluss  labor but we turned him down.

We looked for a plumber ourselves and he fixed the two shower valve cartridges one of which he replaced from his own tool and the other one is from us and he only charges us $135. First American sent us a letter denying our claim stating it's pre existing condition but they stated in the letter to send a copy of the invoice. When we sent a letter  to their manager, twice, we told them that the showers are working, just need hot on one and cold on another.  We sent the copy of the invoice from our plumber who is quick and good and charged cheap.

I received a voicemail from their 800 number today September 27 2012 and he left a voicemail message they are denying the claim. I have written them letter and sent messages but to no avail. I have filed a complaint against this company with BBB but we have decided to cancel our policy and ask for our full refund.   Someone in their office sent me message states to send a letter of cancellation but when I spoke to their rep he told us no cancellation and no refund. But I sent them email attaching our letter of cancellation requesting a full refund.    Their online statement is Value, Service  and Integrity, nope, nada, ZERO , they dont even know the definition of these words. If there's a lower score than Zero, I will give them that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91406/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Denied-My-Claim-for-Repair-Van-Nuys-947697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation