Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:West Hills California
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
7833 Haskell Ave Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Non service, non responsive, non caring, liars, and thieves. Van Nuys California

This company increases the premiums annually while giving less or no service. I have had several instances where I had called the company to verify that my problem would be covered, but when the technician arrived he would say that the insurance would not cover my problem and would collect the service fee without doing anything and then leave. I have had times that the technician claimed that structure had to be changed so that he would collect additional money on top of the service fee. I have had times when the technician arrived over an hour late beyond the promised time period, and I had left for another appointment, and the company still sent me a bill for the service fee which I refused to pay.

If I need to talk with someone regarding a problem with my claim, the person will put me on hold and never come back to the phone. I have waited more than 20 minutes many times before I would hang up. It is rare to be able to talk with a supervisor. On my last problem, I emailed my account manager Judy Nathan and she never responded.

I have not had to file very many claims in the past years, but when problems do come up, I need their help quickly, but problems with getting things fixed have increased greatly in the last few years.

Gary
West Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91406/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Non-service-non-responsive-non-caring-333480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation