Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:Ashland Kentucky
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
7833 Haskell Avenue Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation weasling out of payment of my money Van Nuys California

First American HBPC is indeed a scam of a company. They invent this insurance and tell you how much you need it when buying a new home. It is not better than the extended service plans offered at Best Buy, etc.

They (conveniently?) did not have any vendors in my area, so they made me find one, and they said that they would reimburse me for the work. I followed their process and had the vendor contact them, which they did. They explained to the vendor what was covered and what to do. Apparently the vendor must not have called back to confirm the work (or so they say), so now they are telling me I did not follow their process and they will not reimburse me for what they owe. The work was covered by their plan, and they even said it is covered, but that I did not follow the exact process.

I do not know there exact process, as I do not work there, but I did do what they said i needed to. Now, they are not paying. I did the work for them that they were suppose to do in finding a contractor, and now they will not pay me for the repairs. Perhaps they do this often to weasel out of paying.

What a ripoff...unethical practice.

Ashland, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91406/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-weasling-out-of-payment-of-my-money-Van-417229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation